If you’re coming to the lake this summer, be sure to bring your fishing pole!! The Lake of the Ozarks has some great spots and services to enhance your fishing experience. Here are 5 different businesses worth checking out.
1. Big Ed’s Guide Services: Owner, Ed Franko: I was born during the spawn – April 21, 1953. So damn near only figures I’ve lived, eaten and slept fishin’ since I could first walk my way around my backyard pond. Many years, lost lures, big bass (small ones too) and true fish stories later, I’ve settled down at Lake of the Ozarks, doing what I truly love for a living – teaching others and helping others catch (and release) bass. I fish out of a fully loaded Champion bass boat and I’m licensed by the US Coast Guard.
2. Gravois Creek Guide Service: We are dedicated to providing the most enjoyable, productive and safe fishing trip possible. Rich is a full time fishing guide with over 25 years experience both guiding and fishing tournaments at Lake of the Ozarks in central Missouri. Crappie and Bass fishing are the most popular activities in this area, but this is also an excellent fishery for white bass and catfish.
3. Jack’s Guide Service: I offer a fishing guide service for all of Lake of the Ozarks. I am also the head guide for Tan-Tar-A Resort and Lakewood Resort in Osage Beach. Fishing Lake of the Ozarks with Jack’s Guide Service takes all the work out of fishing. No need to find your old fishing tackle, rods and reels, or tow your boat all the way to the lake. I have all the right equipment ready for you to use.
4. FirstMate Yacht Services: We offer full day and half day guided fishing trips at the Lake of the Ozarks under the experienced guidance of Captain Travis Coleman! Bring your own tackle, or we will provide Abu-Garcia reels, Fenwick rods and Berkley line and tackle, aboard our fully rigged Champion 203 Elite. Fishing Guides are available for largemouth bass, crappie, white bass, catfish and carp.
5. Hawg Stump Outdoors: Our mission is to provide you with a safe, fun and informative fishing experience. Whether it’s just a day to get out and fish or you want to improve your fishing skills, we offer trips for everyone.
4TH OF JULY FIRECRACKER OFFER: We only require a 2 night minimum so come and see the fireworks! And if you book for 4 or more nights, we’ll increase our current extended day discounts by 5% – i.e. 4 night 10%, 5 night 15%, 6 nights 20% and 7 nights 25%. (Different promotion discounts apply for our luxury homes.)
Nestled between green trees and blue skies you’ll find the Carriage House. This home is the guesthouse to the current residents and offers two bedrooms one bathroom with walk-in shower, full kitchen, living room, and dining area. The home and the private property provide spectacular views of the lake’s main channel.
With just a few steps up from the parking area, this beautiful Tuscan lake retreat has all of its appealing featured on one level. The open floor plans hosts a large living room with ceiling fans, an open kitchen with pantry access, and fantastic dining area for four. The two bedrooms (queen & full) are decorated perfectly for any special lake retreat. The living room even boasts extra sleeping for one with its trundle bed (makes two twin size beds) With it’s easy access lake location, this property is ideal for couples looking for a quiet get-a-way and is perfect for accommodating overflow guests from other neighboring properties. Either way this home is truly a special lake retreat.
Airfare, airport body scanners, and 5 cookbooks that you must check out this summer! Here is this week’s edition of Travel Headlines you might have missed.
Southwest launches fare sale, others may match – Travel on MSNBC
Top 5 Cookbooks to Read This Summer – ABC News
Public urged to avoid some rental car firms – USA Today Travel
Airport body scanners: Are they safe? – CNN Travel
Lap Children: The Most Unsafe Passengers on a Plane – TIME
5 ways to save on flights – ABC Travel
Take our word for it — There is no better time to be at the Lake of the Ozarks than during the 4th of July! The fireworks, the cookouts, the boating, and the time spent with family and friends. The time of year to be thankful for everything we have in this nation.
Check out our FIRECRACKER OFFER – We only require a 2 night minimum so come and see the fireworks! And if you book for 4 or more nights, we’ll increase our current extended day discounts by 5% – i.e. 4 night 10%, 5 night 15%, 6 nights 20% and 7 nights 25%. (Different promotion discounts apply for our luxury homes.)
Call now at 1-866-273-2169! Mention this offer and enjoy our FIRECRACKER offer on these properties:
Beautiful ranch style home with fantastic lake-front views!
This lakefront property sits on a private point (7 mile-marker) overlooking the mouth of the Gravois Arm and Main Channel. The property provides guests with access to 140 feet of pristine lakefront shoreline. The remodeled home is one story, with three bedrooms, and two baths.
The lakefront property offers quick access for swimming, fishing and all watercraft activities. This “quiet side” retreat is 25-30 minutes away from all the action on the other side of the Lake – Bagnell Dam, Lake Ozarks, and Osage Beach – via the community bridge.
Book your stay at Knotty Pine!!
Between all the splashing and watching Fido take the gold, you’re probably going to get hungry! If you’re in town for this year’s Dog Days Canine Cannonball, here are some restaurants to try. Never pretentious, but always delicious, these five are worth checking out after a long day at the lake:
- Olive Branch Restaurant: May your time at the Olive Branch be a new beginning for you. Look around you at the friends and family enjoying the good food and fellowship of this place. Many a new beginning got its start over a good meal, and many a person has felt at peace and in harmony with the world after a time of fellowship and dining. It was for this purpose that the Olive Branch came in being. It is more than a restaurant; it is a gathering place once again just as it was when it was a church.
- The Duck: This distinctive lakefront dining experience features both traditional favorites and innovative creations prepared with the freshest ingredients by our culinary staff. Whether on our covered deck, screened porch or inside dining rooms, you’ll find great dining in a great lakefront setting.
- Baxter’s Lakeside Grille: Our classic American restaurant builds on the rich history that the Lake Area is known for. All of the restaurants we brought to the Midwest share a common commitment: use only the finest, freshest ingredients, coupled with personal service and warm, inviting surroundings.
- The Blue Heron Restaurant: Tuesday through Saturday, your host Joseph H. Boer invites you to a dining experience at the Lake of the Ozarks. When it comes to win, The Blue Heron is second to none: 3 Consecutive Years at the Potted Steer Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of One of the 100 Best in the World. Cheers!
- JB Hooks: JB Hooks’ dining room overlooks a panoramic view of the main channel of the Lake, and offers a relaxing atmosphere to add to your dining experience.