Are you up for the challenge?
The THIRD ANNUAL 2 Dam Days Paddle Marathon on the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri will be held Sept 29 and 30, 2012. Don’t miss this challenging event. Comments from the first annual 2DamDays race included, “..toughest race I was ever in…I’ll be back”. What will it be like this year? Will it be a calm, windless weekend with no big cruisers around to make horrendous wakes? I doubt it. So if you’re among the faint of heart, maybe you’d best stay at home. But if your heart jumps at the thought of a real challenge, plan to join in for the race between the dams. Come for the challenge, but don’t forget the BIG BUCKS! The 2DDUL (2DamDays Unlimited) has a guaranteed purse of $13,500 in prize money if all divisions are filled. In addition, the best overall time (and this includes all race categories within “The Main Event”) will win an additional $1000! Last year the grand purse winner took home $2400!
Summer is for spending hours on the Lake.
Fall is for festivals!
There are a lot of different fall events at the Lake of the Ozarks, but the Versailles Apple Festival is a must-attend.
This year’s festival is on October 6th — mark your calendar or be sure to book your stay with us that weekend!
As always, there will be fantastic live music and all things apple – apple pie, apple jam, apple juice, apple sauce, and more!
Do you have any tips for the festival?? If so, leave them in the comments section below.
The best conversations always seem to take place around a fire. These five properties all have fire pits for you and your family to enjoy!
The fall winds are blowing into the Lake of the Ozarks. We’re so excited for the changing leaves, pumpkin carving, and all those delicious fall dishes.
When it comes to staying warm, which warm drink do you go for? Hot cider or Hot cocoa? Let us know by commenting below!
Another great reason to stay with us (in a vacation rental) is that you have a full kitchen! No more crusty, half-warmed hotel buffets. With fall just a few weeks away, be sure to hit the supermarket before settling in for the weekend. Hy-Vee and Paul’s Supermarket are both great places to get the groceries to make these delicious fall recipes!
- Hot Apple Cider: Nothing says falls like Hot Apple Cider! Add a little rum for that extra kick!
- Pumpkin Pie French Toast: This french toast of course includes some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices in the batter to give it the pumpkin pie flavours.
- Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheese: A fall twist on traditional mac ‘n cheese.
- Sweet Potato Biscuits: Sweet potatoes add a little natural sugar to biscuit dough. These are great right out of the oven, split in two, and stuffed with Virginia ham for a scrumptious sandwich.
- Pumpkin Parfait: This parfait is a super easy, super yummy treat…perfect for breakfast, a mid day snack, or dessert! It tastes rich and creamy while at the same time remaining light and healthy.