Another great reason to stay with us (in a vacation rental) is that you have a full kitchen! No more crusty, half-warmed hotel buffets. With fall just a few weeks away, be sure to hit the supermarket before settling in for the weekend. Hy-Vee and Paul’s Supermarket are both great places to get the groceries to make these delicious fall recipes!
- Hot Apple Cider: Nothing says falls like Hot Apple Cider! Add a little rum for that extra kick!
- Pumpkin Pie French Toast: This french toast of course includes some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices in the batter to give it the pumpkin pie flavours.
- Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheese: A fall twist on traditional mac ‘n cheese.
- Sweet Potato Biscuits: Sweet potatoes add a little natural sugar to biscuit dough. These are great right out of the oven, split in two, and stuffed with Virginia ham for a scrumptious sandwich.
- Pumpkin Parfait: This parfait is a super easy, super yummy treat…perfect for breakfast, a mid day snack, or dessert! It tastes rich and creamy while at the same time remaining light and healthy.