If there’s one weakness I have, it’s giving in to my sweet tooth.
On April 25th, Community Christian Church hosted their 2013 ‘Chocolate for Charity’ event where over 25 vendors offered their sweets and went head to head in the amateur or professional division.
The money raised by the event will go to non-profit groups in the Lake of the Ozarks area.
To read more about the event, read LakeNewsOnline’s story.
And since it’s Friday, I wanted to ask — what is your favorite chocolate dessert?
I’m a sucker for brownies! 😀
Enjoy your weekend! – Sherry
We know you have many choices when it comes to vacationing at the Lake of the Ozarks.
That’s why we continue to offer personable service and pay attention to every detail so your stay is as comfy as possible.
Sue’s Serenity is a gorgeous, private choice if you’re really looking for a getaway for the family. Here are five reasons to make Sue’s Serenity your next vacation spot:
- Plenty of Shade: Dogwood trees are a staple at the Lake of the Ozarks. Staying here, you’ll be protected from the hottest, sunny day by plenty of Dogwoods towering overhead. When you need a break from the heat, simply throw down a blanket and take a nap in the cool shade.
- Privacy: This wonderful family retreat resides in the middle of a subdivision on a dead end road – offer great privacy for any family retreat. It’s like having the perks of being in the middle of nowhere, but surrounded by the beautiful scenery of the lake.
- What A View: Each bedroom has access to the deck for lakefront viewing. There’s nothing better than stepping out onto the deck in the morning, taking in a deep breath of the freshest air.
- Get Cooking: Sue’s Serenity, like all of our properties, is furnished for normal housekeeping with dishes, cookware, flatware, glasses, grills, and basic appliances. Whether your preference is grilling or making a large feast in the kitchen, we have just what you need to satisfy any family’s taste buds.
- Near the Action: This beautiful property is just 25-30 minutes away from all the Action on the busy side of the Lake – Bagnell Dam, Lake Ozarks, and Osage Beach – via the community bridge. Once you are here plan to take in any number of the Lake’s attractions including state parks, theme parks, cave explorations, golfing, go-karts, theatres, bowling, music, etc.
And one more thing. Take a look at this view. To learn more about Sue’s Serenity, simply click here. Give us a call at 1-866-273-2169 if you have any questions!
Who ever said procrastination doesn’t pay off?! If you want to get away for Memorial Day weekend, this is for you!
Starting at 5pm today (Tuesday), we will honor a 10% last minute reservation for any of our properties for Memorial Weekend (3 night minimum).
When booking online, use the offer code: LEAVENOW. Or you can simply call 1-866-273-2169 to book your reservation.
*Offer good for new reservations (processed 5/21 to 5/23 only) for Memorial Weekend only.
Some of the best cuisine in the Midwest can be savored right here at the Lake of the Ozarks. Boasting with over 100 plus restaurants: bar and grill burgers, barbecue, buffets, world-renowned chef creations and all types of ethnic offerings. Here are a few of our favorite restaurants at the lake.
We want to hear from you! What is your favorite restaurant when you’re visiting the Lake of the Ozarks?
||Olive Branch Restaurant
|May your time at the Olive Branch be a new beginning for you. Look around you at the friends and family enjoying the good food and fellowship of this place. Many a new beginning got its start over a good meal, and many a person has felt at peace and in harmony with the world after a time of fellowship and dining. It was for this purpose that the Olive Branch came in being. It is more than a restaurant; it is a gathering place once again just as it was when it was a church. As you leave this evening, perhaps you will hear the cooing of the dove calling the human family to peace, and if you are truly fortunate, perhaps you will see a dove in flight with an olive branch in its mouth.
||Located at the Indian Rock Golf Course. 100 Indian Lake Avenue, Gravois Mills, MO 65037
|This distinctive lakefront dining experience features both traditional favorites and innovative creations prepared with the freshest ingredients by our culinary staff. Whether on our covered deck, screened porch or inside dining rooms, you’ll find great dining in a great lakefront setting.
||Located in Lake Ozark off of Horseshoe Bend. Address: 67 Cherokee Court, Lake Ozark, MO 65049
Still need lodging for Memorial Day weekend? We’ve got you covered!! Take a look at our beautiful, cozy properties TODAY! Spots are filling up very quickly!
Also, if you’re not sure what to do on Memorial Day weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks, here are five events you won’t want to miss.
1. Memorial Day Weekend Fireworks. May 25-27th. Watch the sky light up during Memorial Weekend. Fireworks will be hosted at different venues around the Lake throughout the weekend. Call 1-800-386-5253 to find out specific viewing locations.
2. Main Street Music Hall presents “Special Guest” Trent Wideman in a live performance. Don’t miss this excellent family comedy. May 24th-25th. Buy your tickets here.
3. Huricane Deck Lions Club Panake Flip – Hurricane Deck Lions Building. May 25th. The Hurricane Deck Lions Club is having a (All You Can Eat) pancake and/or biscuit and gravy breakfast on Saturday, May 25 from 7:00 to 11:00 A.M. Breakfast includes pancakes, sausage, or biscuits and gravy, orange juice, coffee or tea. Adult price is $6.00, children 10 and under is $3.00. All proceeds are used for Lions Club projects which benefit the community. The Hurricane Deck Lions Club is located of Highway 5, ½ mile down Purvis Road (Lake Road at 5-29, Laurie—Sunrise Beach). Bring the family and enjoy.
4. Sax on the Beach – Seven Springs Winery. May 25th. Sax on the Beach pride themselves on being a highly professional and workable band that can please all crowds. Performing all over Missouri and surrounding areas, they cover a wide range of music styles varying from Etta James to Lady Gaga. For more info, visit SotbLakeOzark.com.
5. The Charlie Daniels Band – Lake of the Ozarks Ampitheater. May 29th. The Charlie Daniels Band will appear at Lake of the Ozarks Amphitheater Memorial Day weekend in a Salute to the Soldiers performance scheduled for the holiday weekend. Tickets are free to all active duty and reserve military with identification. For tickets, visit www.ticketmaster.com.
As always, don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have questions about other events happening at the Lake of the Ozarks! Call us at 1-866-273-2169.
A gorgeous view at Crane Cove Getaway.
There’s still time left!
Our off-season rates usually end on April 30th, but we’ve extended them until May 23rd.
That means you have this weekend and next week to take advantage of this savings. Now is the perfect time to gather up the kids and hit the road for a short getaway.
Here’s an example of how you will save: One of our properties, Hillcrest, is $180 per night in the off-season and can range from $334 – $360 per night between the end of May until early September.
Take a look at our cozy properties and let us know if you have any questions!
We hope to see many of you this summer!
We always say that summer at the Lake of the Ozarks is meant for making memories.
Staying at any of our gorgeous properties, you can be sure the whole family will be comfy and feel at home.
But once you get settled it, it’s time to get out and about.
There are hundreds of activities to do at the Lake of the Ozarks.
It all depends on how adventurous you’re feeling!
Be sure to check out out Local Area Guide and the 2013 Guide to the Lake of the Ozarks!
From water slides to horseback riding, shopping, boat rentals, and more, there is really something for every couple, family, or group of friends.
Please give us a call at 1-866-273-2169 or leave a comment on our Facebook page if you need any suggestions about what to do at the lake.
Enjoy your weekend!!!