Above is your forecast at the Lake of the Ozarks for this weekend!
If you’re staying at one of our properties this weekend, here are some events worth checking out!
- Chris Weaver Band: Saturday, June 29th at 9:00pm at Dog Days. Chris Weaver was born to make music. Growing up in West Virginia, his father was a traveling musician for over 25 years and music was always around him. From the early age of ten, Chris knew he would be a musician too. He started to hone his craft through influences like Cocker, Petty, Morrison and Mellencamp “It’s all I could ever remember wanting to do,” Weaver states. “I wanted to write like them and sing like them but just do it in a way that would be my own.”
- Dog Days Bar & Grill Live Music: Serving the Lake of the Ozarks since 1993, Dog Days Bar & Grill on the waterfront at the19MM on Lake of the Ozarks has something for everyone … whether you just want to stop in and sip on one of our signature frozen cocktails, enjoy a nice dinner with your family, or dance the night away with one of our fabulous live bands! Click here for more information about live music this weekend.
- Live Music w/ Caribbean Good Times: Sunday, June 30th at 7pm at Paradise Tropical Restaurant & Bar. It’s time to turn up the heat at Paradise Restaurant & Bar and that means LIVE MUSIC every weekend!! We have put together a band called Caribbean Good Times just for our Paradise guests. This band is composed of four of the best performers from the Caribbean. This group has two of the performers from last year’s band, Pan Ecstasy, as well as two new members to spice it up a little.
- Glory Days A Musical Tribute to Springsteen: Friday and Saturday at 7pm at Bear Bottom Resort. GLORY DAYS generates energy and excitement everytime they perform. This dynamic band is composed of seven very talented musicians that were specifically selected from auditions throughout the midwest. GLORY DAYS current lineup includes a very talented and experienced lead vocalist that fronts the band. A very tight rhythm section provides the drive that powers the band through it’s high energy sets! Click here for more information.
Let’s face it.
Vacation is for relaxing! Even though all of our properties have kitchens, equipped with pots, pans, and utensils for cooking, you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
A breakfast favorite that’s so easy to prepare in advance is pancakes. Instead of buying the boxed mix, here’s an easy DIY pancake mix you can make, put in a Ziploc bag, and pack next to your toothbrush.
Before making breakfast for the whole family, you’ll just need to pickup are eggs, buttermilk, and some butter.
Find the full recipe here.
Wait, there’s more. Maple syrup is a classic topping for pancakes. But if you want to wow your family or friends, below are some suggestions to top the pancakes with. Choose 3-5 interesting toppings and let people build their own, perfect pancake.
- Nuts (any kind you like!)
- Whipped cream (a kid’s favorite)
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Flaked coconut
- Fruit preserves
- Chopped peaches
- Honey Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Strawberry Butter
- Banana and Honey
What’s your favorite topping for pancakes?
The 6th Annual Support Our Troops Poker Run, hosted by Midwest Boat Party, is happening yet again this Friday, June 28th. To date, they have raised over $70,000 to H.E.R.O.E.S. Care.
To register, click here.
More information about the Support Our Troops Poker Run:
We are proud to announce the dates for the 6th Annual Support Our Troops Poker Run at the Lake of the Ozarks. This year the event will be held on Friday June 28th.
Since its inception 6 years ago, we’ve grown from 60 boats to averaging almost 120 boats and 500 people from all over the country. The support for our military men and women has been truly humbling, and as a result, the Support Our Troops Poker Run has turned into the biggest poker run at the Lake of the Ozarks.
To date we have raised over $70,000 for H.E.R.O.E.S. Care. That money goes directly to assisiting our brave heroes overseas, and the families they leave behind.
It’s going to be a warm one this weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks!
Although some thunderstorms are in the forecast, there will be plenty of sunshine. Here are three ways to stay cool this weekend!
- Aquatic Centers and Water Parks: Three state of the art aquatic centers are at the Lake of the Ozarks for your enjoyment. OR if you can’t get cooled off in the Lake – try one of the many water parks in the area. Fun for kids of all ages! Click here for nearby aquatic centers or click here for fantastic water parks!
- Parasailing: Feeling daring? Parasailing is a popular sport in which the rider hitched to a parachute like canopy, known as a Parasail, is set aloft in the air. The Parasail is attached to a long towrope, which is pulled along, by a speed boat. The sheer thrill and excitement of being airborne has made this a popular family sport. Click here to book your parasailing adventure!
- Boat Rentals & Marinas: What is the Lake of the Ozarks without boating?! The options at the Lake are endless and the suppliers are many. Remember alwys designate a sober captain if you’ll be drinking while cruising. Missouri’s legal blood alcohol content for operating a vessel recently dropped from .10% to .08%. “Think Before You Sink” and have a safe and enjoyable time at the Lake of the Ozarks! Click here for more information on renting boats.
As always, if you have any questions about what to do, feel free to give us a ring at 1-866-273-2169.
We know the Lake of the Ozarks like the back of our hand.
However, when you’re headed to the lake and staying at one of our properties, we understand the roads can be a little tricky at first. When you book a stay with us, we’ll send you the physical address of the property you’re staying at, plus suggested directions.
One reason we do this is because GPS often doesn’t work that well around the Lake of the Ozarks. So, before you’re packed and backing out the driveway for vacation, keep these three tips in mind.
- Print Your Directions: Be sure to check through your e-mails, as we send the address, plus suggested directions. If you can’t access e-mail from your phone, simply print the directions to have on-hand. Printing is your safest best. Cell service can be spotty, depending on your service provider.
- Make Sure You Have the Access Code: The access code is crucial. This is how you’ll get into the property at which you’re staying. The access code will be sent to you in advance by e-mail. Go ahead and write that access code on your printed directions. That makes it so easy!
- Know Where the Nearest Grocery Store and Gas Station Is: This is simply a matter of convenience. We’re more than happy to help you find the nearest grocery store or gas station. Give us a call at 866-273-2169 or leave a comment on our Facebook page.
Last but not least, here’s a Lake of the Ozarks area map worth checking out. Zoom in, look around, and orient yourself before heading to the lake. As always, please let us know if you have any questions!
Thinking about heading to the Lake of the Ozarks for the Fourth of July?
If so, you won’t want to miss out on the fantastic fireworks displays throughout the area. Below is a list of some of the displays you can check out. Check back frequently as we’ll add new locations as we hear about them. Also, don’t forget to book your stay at one of our gorgeous properties. Hurry…they go quickly this time of year!
Bear Bottom Resort – July 4 & 6 (at 9:30pm) – Take the whole family to Bear Bottom to cool off on their many water slides, then stay for fireworks in the evening! They are located in Sunrise Beach. Click here for directions.
Captain Ron’s – July 5 – Captain Ron’s is a staple at the Lake of the Ozarks. During the day, lay out on the beach, take a stroll along Treasure Pass, or just hang out with your friends at the Tiki Bar. Once the sun sets, enjoy a stunning fireworks display.
Old Kinderhook – July 6 (6 – 9:30pm) – Soak up beautiful fireworks at Old Kinderhook’s Fireworks Fun Fest! They’ll have live music from The Boomchuks, along with bounce houses, face painting, flows, balloon artists, and a beer garden for the adults. The show starts at dusk. They are located at 20 Eagle Ridge Road in Camdenton. Click here for directions.
Seven Springs Winery – July 6 – Seven Springs Winery and Vineyards sits atop 160 acres of rolling Missouri foothills between Camdenton and Osage Beach. The winery is less than a 10 minute drive from either location. The covered porch and patio area are ideal for enjoying a glass of wine and admiring the beautiful views. Come out and enjoy the 2nd Annual Fireworks at Seven Springs. Click here for direction.
For everyone coming to the Lake of the Ozarks this weekend, we’ve got your weekend weather forecast, along with events worth checking out!
First, the weather:
With such beautiful weather, you’ll definitely want to be outdoors. Here are some events at the Lake of the Ozarks:
Canine Cannonball 2013: The annual Dock Dogs jumping contest is held at Dog Days again this year. Canine athletes compete in Big Air, Extreme Vertical, and Speed Retrieve at this family friendly event. For information on entering your dog contact Dog Days at 573-348-9797. Free admission. For more information, click here.
Offshore Super Series: Lake Race has developed as a result of the overwhelming support for powerboat racing at Lake of the Ozarks. As the jewel of the Midwest, our lake is an amazing venue for powerboat racing, and we know you will find lake area residents and business owners to be the most friendly and enthusiastic in the country. The Offshore Super Series had its debut here back in 2007-09, and due to the economy and many unforeseen circumstances, has taken a hiatus from the lake. Now based on a ground swell of support from our community, OSS is back with a schedule and venue that you’ll find better than ever. For more information, click here.
BROstock at Captain Ron’s: The world’s best wakeboard contest is back! Liquid Force’s world famous BROstock will be taking place June 6-8 at scenic Lake of the Ozarks “BROzarks”, Mo. Fueled by Monster Energy, BROstock will feature twenty six of the world’s best riders including Harley Clifford, Shane Bonifay, and Bob Soven competing in a double-up contest for over $30,000! For more information, click here.
If none of these strike your fancy, we have a whole list of activities, restaurants, and other events worth checking out. Click here to check out our Local Area Guide.