Above is your forecast at the Lake of the Ozarks for this weekend!
If you’re staying at one of our properties this weekend, here are some events worth checking out!
- Chris Weaver Band: Saturday, June 29th at 9:00pm at Dog Days. Chris Weaver was born to make music. Growing up in West Virginia, his father was a traveling musician for over 25 years and music was always around him. From the early age of ten, Chris knew he would be a musician too. He started to hone his craft through influences like Cocker, Petty, Morrison and Mellencamp “It’s all I could ever remember wanting to do,” Weaver states. “I wanted to write like them and sing like them but just do it in a way that would be my own.”
- Dog Days Bar & Grill Live Music: Serving the Lake of the Ozarks since 1993, Dog Days Bar & Grill on the waterfront at the19MM on Lake of the Ozarks has something for everyone … whether you just want to stop in and sip on one of our signature frozen cocktails, enjoy a nice dinner with your family, or dance the night away with one of our fabulous live bands! Click here for more information about live music this weekend.
- Live Music w/ Caribbean Good Times: Sunday, June 30th at 7pm at Paradise Tropical Restaurant & Bar. It’s time to turn up the heat at Paradise Restaurant & Bar and that means LIVE MUSIC every weekend!! We have put together a band called Caribbean Good Times just for our Paradise guests. This band is composed of four of the best performers from the Caribbean. This group has two of the performers from last year’s band, Pan Ecstasy, as well as two new members to spice it up a little.
- Glory Days A Musical Tribute to Springsteen: Friday and Saturday at 7pm at Bear Bottom Resort. GLORY DAYS generates energy and excitement everytime they perform. This dynamic band is composed of seven very talented musicians that were specifically selected from auditions throughout the midwest. GLORY DAYS current lineup includes a very talented and experienced lead vocalist that fronts the band. A very tight rhythm section provides the drive that powers the band through it’s high energy sets! Click here for more information.
Let’s face it.
Vacation is for relaxing! Even though all of our properties have kitchens, equipped with pots, pans, and utensils for cooking, you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
A breakfast favorite that’s so easy to prepare in advance is pancakes. Instead of buying the boxed mix, here’s an easy DIY pancake mix you can make, put in a Ziploc bag, and pack next to your toothbrush.
Before making breakfast for the whole family, you’ll just need to pickup are eggs, buttermilk, and some butter.
Find the full recipe here.
Wait, there’s more. Maple syrup is a classic topping for pancakes. But if you want to wow your family or friends, below are some suggestions to top the pancakes with. Choose 3-5 interesting toppings and let people build their own, perfect pancake.
- Nuts (any kind you like!)
- Whipped cream (a kid’s favorite)
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Flaked coconut
- Fruit preserves
- Chopped peaches
- Honey Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Strawberry Butter
- Banana and Honey
What’s your favorite topping for pancakes?
The 6th Annual Support Our Troops Poker Run, hosted by Midwest Boat Party, is happening yet again this Friday, June 28th. To date, they have raised over $70,000 to H.E.R.O.E.S. Care.
To register, click here.
More information about the Support Our Troops Poker Run:
We are proud to announce the dates for the 6th Annual Support Our Troops Poker Run at the Lake of the Ozarks. This year the event will be held on Friday June 28th.
Since its inception 6 years ago, we’ve grown from 60 boats to averaging almost 120 boats and 500 people from all over the country. The support for our military men and women has been truly humbling, and as a result, the Support Our Troops Poker Run has turned into the biggest poker run at the Lake of the Ozarks.
To date we have raised over $70,000 for H.E.R.O.E.S. Care. That money goes directly to assisiting our brave heroes overseas, and the families they leave behind.
It’s going to be a warm one this weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks!
Although some thunderstorms are in the forecast, there will be plenty of sunshine. Here are three ways to stay cool this weekend!
- Aquatic Centers and Water Parks: Three state of the art aquatic centers are at the Lake of the Ozarks for your enjoyment. OR if you can’t get cooled off in the Lake – try one of the many water parks in the area. Fun for kids of all ages! Click here for nearby aquatic centers or click here for fantastic water parks!
- Parasailing: Feeling daring? Parasailing is a popular sport in which the rider hitched to a parachute like canopy, known as a Parasail, is set aloft in the air. The Parasail is attached to a long towrope, which is pulled along, by a speed boat. The sheer thrill and excitement of being airborne has made this a popular family sport. Click here to book your parasailing adventure!
- Boat Rentals & Marinas: What is the Lake of the Ozarks without boating?! The options at the Lake are endless and the suppliers are many. Remember alwys designate a sober captain if you’ll be drinking while cruising. Missouri’s legal blood alcohol content for operating a vessel recently dropped from .10% to .08%. “Think Before You Sink” and have a safe and enjoyable time at the Lake of the Ozarks! Click here for more information on renting boats.
As always, if you have any questions about what to do, feel free to give us a ring at 1-866-273-2169.
We know the Lake of the Ozarks like the back of our hand.
However, when you’re headed to the lake and staying at one of our properties, we understand the roads can be a little tricky at first. When you book a stay with us, we’ll send you the physical address of the property you’re staying at, plus suggested directions.
One reason we do this is because GPS often doesn’t work that well around the Lake of the Ozarks. So, before you’re packed and backing out the driveway for vacation, keep these three tips in mind.
- Print Your Directions: Be sure to check through your e-mails, as we send the address, plus suggested directions. If you can’t access e-mail from your phone, simply print the directions to have on-hand. Printing is your safest best. Cell service can be spotty, depending on your service provider.
- Make Sure You Have the Access Code: The access code is crucial. This is how you’ll get into the property at which you’re staying. The access code will be sent to you in advance by e-mail. Go ahead and write that access code on your printed directions. That makes it so easy!
- Know Where the Nearest Grocery Store and Gas Station Is: This is simply a matter of convenience. We’re more than happy to help you find the nearest grocery store or gas station. Give us a call at 866-273-2169 or leave a comment on our Facebook page.
Last but not least, here’s a Lake of the Ozarks area map worth checking out. Zoom in, look around, and orient yourself before heading to the lake. As always, please let us know if you have any questions!