Are you staying with us in October? Here are some events at and around the Lake of the Ozarks that are worth checking out!
Big Bass Bash Fishing Tournament, Oct. 5th & 6th: The Midwest Fish Tournaments will award over a third of a million dollars in cash at the 2012 Spring and Fall events. So come on out and be a part of the fun and excitement the Big Bass Bash has to offer. IT COULD BE YOUR CHANCE TO CATCH THE BASS OF A LIFETIME!
Fall Harbor Hop, Oct. 12th: Anyone can enter for a fun day on Lake of the Ozarks. Visit more than 40 of our participating locations on the water to play your poker hand. Enter the Harbor Hop by stopping at any of the check-points. To obtain a hand, sign up and pay an optional $15 donation. Any player can enter more than once.
Living History / Apple Butter Days, Oct. 11-13: Go back in history at the Camden County History & Museum! Within the museum will be craft booths, craft demonstrations, quilt raffle, chili lunch. On the grounds of the museum will be re-enactors from early and recent history. Players among others will be from Civil War times, early Missouri settlers and the mighty Osage Indians.
Missouri State Buddy Bass Championship, Oct. 19-20: Make plans today to be a part of the 29th Annual Missouri Buddy Bass State Championship brought to you by the Lake West Chamber of Commerce and our host – Captain Ron’s Bar and Grill at the 34.5 mile marker of the Lake of the Ozarks.
Adult Halloween Party at Captain Ron’s, Oct. 26: Feeling in the festive mood? Are you ready to dress up and make a night of it?! Captain Ron’s is hosting their 7th annual Adult Halloween Party. They will have fantastic prizes, including a chance to win a trip to Mexico!
Remember the good ‘ol days of unrolling or unfolding paper maps? Well, those day are over for the most part.
Today, most of us have smart phones that allows us to navigate our way easily on any trip. Or even a trip across town!
Even though reception can be spotty at the Lake of the Ozarks, as long as you have a signal, here are 5 mobile apps that will help you out during your stay.
- Yelp: There are plenty of fantastic restaurants at the Lake of the Ozarks — from BBQ to seafood, there’s something for every taste bud. If you’re not sure where to go, open up this app and search what’s nearby. You can filter the search by how many stars people gave the restaurant and by which type of cuisine you’re craving. Download: iPhone | Android
- GasBuddy: Looking for a gas station and wanting to save some money? GasBuddy is your new best friend to find the best prices at the pump. iPhone | Android
- Google Maps: This is a no-brainer for any trip. Google Maps seamlessly helps you get to your final destination. Either use it as a map or use the GPS feature to make it even easier to navigate the winding roads at the Lake. If you have an iPhone, you can also use their Maps feature. Your preference! iPhone | Android
- Travel List: Whether you’re going on vacation or traveling for a work trip, this app is your lifesaver! Never again will you forget the little things: your toothbrush, shampoo, that shirt you love. The app helps you organize and remind you what needs to be packed. This is perfect for those of you who are forgetful. 🙂 iPhone only
- Weather Channel: Wondering what the weather at the Lake of the Ozarks is going to be during your stay? Open up your app and add a new zip code: 65037. Once it’s add, take a look at the weekend, 5-day, or week forecast. Once you’re at the lake, begin your morning with taking a look at this app and plan your day accordingly. iPhone | Android
Photo courtesy: Eldon Chamber of Commerce
With Fall officially here, Turkeys beware! 😀
This Saturday, September 28th is Eldon’s 27th Annual Turkey Festival in Downtown Eldon.
The day will be packed full of delicious food, fantastic live music, as well as a parade, Demolition Derby at the Miller County Fairgrounds, and the Turkey Trot 5k run/walk. Something for the entire family!
Besides being a great time for the family, it’s also an opportunity to give back. The Eldon Food Pantry will be accepting canned goods and can be taken to the Parade Registration Desk. Be sure to check your pantry before heading to the festival!
The festival begins at 8 a.m. and lasts until 10 p.m.
Some events to keep in mind:
Friday, September 27th
- Eldon Turkey Festival Little Mr. & Miss Contest – 6pm – Eldon South Elementary School
Saturday, September 28th
- Turkey Festival Parade – 10 a.m.
- Shake Your Tail Feathers Flower Show – 1 p.m. til 4 p.m.
- Turkey Festival Demolition Derby – 5:30 p.m.
If you have any other questions, be sure to contact the Eldon Chamber at (573) 392-3752.
Even though the Lake of the Ozarks Bikefest is over and done, there’s still a few events this month that are worth checking out!
– Lake of the Ozarks Air Show: This weekend, September 21st, the sky will be filled with airplanes of all kinds, dipping, spinning, and performing daring aerial, acrobatic feats. The Air Show will take place at the Camdenton Memorial Airport. Admissions is FREE, but there is a $5 charge for parking. There’s also free shuttles from Camdenton Schools. Be sure to bring your lawn chairs and blankets! For more information, be sure to visit www.lakeoftheozarksairshow.com.
– Lake of the Ozarks 2 Dam Days International Flatwater Championship: Sept. 28th & 29th at Bagnell Dam. The FOURTH ANNUAL 2 Dam Days Paddle Marathon on the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks in Central Missouri will be held Sept 28 and 29, 2013. Don’t miss this challenging event. The purpose of the 2DamDays Paddle Marathon is to provide support to LOWA, the citizen-based, non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining the water quality of the Lake of the Ozarks while helping the local economy by publicizing to the world the beauty and recreational aspects of the Lake. Find more information at www.2damdays.org.
If you’re still looking for a place to stay, look no further! Please take a moment to look at all of our vacation rentals and give us a call at 866-273-2169 if you have any questions.
First off, we’re excited to announce that this year’s Lake of the Ozarks Bikefest was a HUGE success!
A huge turnout but few problems, according to officials who’s attention was focused on the record number of bikers who turned out for the 2013 Bikefest.
Preliminary estimates indicate 2013 was a record year for attendance. Bikefest officials estimate the crowd easily exceeded the 20,000 participants or 10,000 bikes that were expected. Motorcycle enthusiasts began arriving Thursday.
Bikefest is becoming one of the largest events of the year at Lake of the Ozarks, attracting bikers from across the Midwest.
Even though the Bikefest is over for this year, you can still take advantage of our discount. If you’re looking for quick getaway this weekend, we have plenty of vacation rental properties for you to choose from. And we’re offering 15 percent off of the nightly rate! Offer is for Bikefest participants staying from now until 9/22. Use offer code: HARLEY to get your discount!