Beer, brats, and the Super Bowl are a combination that just about every man loves.
If you’re looking for some different recipes for the big game this year, we’ve compiled five recipes worth trying. All of them incorporate beer in some way. If you have cooked with beer, you know it can add a richness to whatever dish you’re making.
- Beef & Guinness Stew: Something hearty and heavy. Perfect for before, during or after the game! This stew has everything a man could want — beef & beer.
- Beer-Battered Potato Wedge Recipes: Serve with burgers or a hot ‘n spicy aioli. These crispy, crunchy beer-battered fries are perfect for game day.
- Cheddar Beer Dip with Smoked Sausage: Dips are the perfect dish for Super Bowl Sunday. Throw in a dark beer, such as Guinness, and Tabasco sauce, to give this dip the perfect kick!
- Chipotle Stout Sloppy Joe’s Sliders: Make sure you make plenty of these — because they will be gone in no time!! Ground beef, chipotle peppers, a Chipotle Stout or Porter, and tiny buns. This will for sure be a new Super Bowl favorite!
- Arrogant Bastard Ale Onion Rings: This name is hilarious. But the onion rings are seriously delicious. The batter, laced with Arrogant Bastard Ale, spices, and chipotle chiles, makes for an unforgettable onion ring. Heartburn will be totally worth it!
Do you have any Super Bowl recipes/traditions? Share your recipe with us in the comments!
Mother Nature seems to be throwing a lot our way these days, from snow to one “polar vortex” after another!
But rest assured, warmer temperatures are headed our way. Spring weather is just around the corner. Even though that brings out plenty of beautiful wildlife and gorgeous blooms on trees, there’s also one thing to keep in mind — rain.
Don’t let a little rain spoil your time at the Lake of the Ozarks. Here are five activities to do at the Lake and still have FUN…even when the weather isn’t so nice!
- Visit the area Arcades and eat some fudge at Grandma’s Candy Kitchen.
- Go Spelunking: Research area caves and explore on your own or visit these great Caves with a professional guide – Bridal Cave or Jacob’s Cave.
- Plan an Educational Day Trip – visit any one of the area museums and visitor centers. Ravenwoods Estate is definitely worth checking out!
- Go Fishing on your covered dock – It so refreshing to breathe in the spring rains on a dock. And remember — the fish don’t know it’s raining! 🙂
- Stay inside: Play a game, read a book or put together a challenging puzzle as a family. There are so many options to consider! Let the creativity flow. I love this quote from Marcel Proust: “A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves.
Do you have any other indoor activities that you love at the Lake of the Ozarks? Leave your ideas in the comments below!
Photo Credit: Baishampayan Ghose
Sure, you can hit up the outlet malls if you’re really in the mood for a shopping spree!
But if you’re looking for an unexpected adventure. A chance for rare finds and interesting oddities, here are five antique shops worth checking out during your stay at the Lake of the Ozarks:
A Vintage Boutique – 1292 Bagnell Dam Blvd (Lake Ozark)
Osage Beach Flea Market – 1375 Bagnell Dam Blvd (Osage Beach)
Richard’s Relic Shack – Bagnell Dam Blvd. (Lake Ozark)
Village Antiques – 406 Hwy 5. (Gravois Mills)
Front Porch Antiques and Gifts – 5481 Hwy 54. (Osage Beach)
Do you know about any other antique shops that you’ve visited during your stay? Share it with us in the comments below!
It’s about that time of year! To celebrate your love with that special someone.
Valentine’s Day weekend is the perfect time to sneak away to the Lake of the Ozarks for a weekend of romance.
Restaurants. Relaxing. Conversation. Slowing down. The quiet nature of the Lake of the Ozarks is perfect for re-connecting with one another. Below are the packages we have for your very own romantic getaway!
||Valentine Package – Homes2/12/2014 to 2/23/2014
Valentine Home Rental Special – Rent a home for a minimum of 2 nights and take 20% off your stay. Offer code #2ROSE. Then bundle your love with our sweetheart special of roses and chocolates – free delivery! Call now or book online to reserve your weekend at the Lake! Offer valid from 2/12/2014 to 2/23/2014. No other offers apply.
||Valentine Package – Condos2/12/2014 to 2/23/2014
Valentine Condo Rental Special – Rent a condo for a minimum of 2 nights and take 20% off your stay. Offer code #3TURTLE. Then bundle your love with our sweetheart special of roses and chocolates – free delivery! Call now or book online to reserve your weekend at the Lake! Offer valid from 2/12/2014 to 2/23/2014. No other offers apply.
Don’t forget to browse our properties here! Book online or give us a call at 866-273-2169.
Nothing is quite as therapeutic as spending a full day on the Lake of the Ozarks.
We wanted to extend an offer to all the boat owners out there.
Bring your new or existing boat to the lake and we’ll waive the slip rental fees with your reservation!
When you make a reservation, simply use the code FREESLIP in order to take advantage of this offer.
Here are some properties that are PERFECT for boat owners:
Senator’s Retreat | TAKE A TOUR
Eagle Crest Retreat | TAKE A TOUR
Paradise Cove | TAKE A TOUR
Evening Rose | TAKE A TOUR
Also, click on the image below to check out this Official 2014 Marine Dealers Association Boat Show Guide.