Mother Nature seems to be throwing a lot our way these days, from snow to one “polar vortex” after another!
But rest assured, warmer temperatures are headed our way. Spring weather is just around the corner. Even though that brings out plenty of beautiful wildlife and gorgeous blooms on trees, there’s also one thing to keep in mind — rain.
Don’t let a little rain spoil your time at the Lake of the Ozarks. Here are five activities to do at the Lake and still have FUN…even when the weather isn’t so nice!
- Visit the area Arcades and eat some fudge at Grandma’s Candy Kitchen.
- Go Spelunking: Research area caves and explore on your own or visit these great Caves with a professional guide – Bridal Cave or Jacob’s Cave.
- Plan an Educational Day Trip – visit any one of the area museums and visitor centers. Ravenwoods Estate is definitely worth checking out!
- Go Fishing on your covered dock – It so refreshing to breathe in the spring rains on a dock. And remember — the fish don’t know it’s raining! 🙂
- Stay inside: Play a game, read a book or put together a challenging puzzle as a family. There are so many options to consider! Let the creativity flow. I love this quote from Marcel Proust: “A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves.
Do you have any other indoor activities that you love at the Lake of the Ozarks? Leave your ideas in the comments below!