Give your family one last outing to the Lake of the Ozarks!!
There are plenty of events — indoor and outdoor — for families, couples, or for a Ladies’ Weekend.
Click on the image below for a full list of events this August at the Lake of the Ozarks.
The Dogwoods are in full bloom and summer is on its way!!
If you’re heading to the Lake of the Ozarks this May, Funlake.com has a list of events you won’t want to miss.
Whether you’re coming for a couple’s weekend, a ladies getaway, or with the entire family, there is something for you to do!
Don’t forget to start planning for Memorial Day weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks! There is always a gorgeous fireworks display May 24-26 at five different locations in the area.
To download a list of events in May, click here.
Beer, brats, and the Super Bowl are a combination that just about every man loves.
If you’re looking for some different recipes for the big game this year, we’ve compiled five recipes worth trying. All of them incorporate beer in some way. If you have cooked with beer, you know it can add a richness to whatever dish you’re making.
- Beef & Guinness Stew: Something hearty and heavy. Perfect for before, during or after the game! This stew has everything a man could want — beef & beer.
- Beer-Battered Potato Wedge Recipes: Serve with burgers or a hot ‘n spicy aioli. These crispy, crunchy beer-battered fries are perfect for game day.
- Cheddar Beer Dip with Smoked Sausage: Dips are the perfect dish for Super Bowl Sunday. Throw in a dark beer, such as Guinness, and Tabasco sauce, to give this dip the perfect kick!
- Chipotle Stout Sloppy Joe’s Sliders: Make sure you make plenty of these — because they will be gone in no time!! Ground beef, chipotle peppers, a Chipotle Stout or Porter, and tiny buns. This will for sure be a new Super Bowl favorite!
- Arrogant Bastard Ale Onion Rings: This name is hilarious. But the onion rings are seriously delicious. The batter, laced with Arrogant Bastard Ale, spices, and chipotle chiles, makes for an unforgettable onion ring. Heartburn will be totally worth it!
Do you have any Super Bowl recipes/traditions? Share your recipe with us in the comments!
What’s the key word in Eagle Crest Retreat, you ask?! REST!!
As you’re making plans for a vacation in 2014, this is one property to keep on your radar. Here are 10 reasons why staying at Eagles Crest is a great choice for your family:
- It has a tiki bar. Enough said.
- Sleeps a whopping 10 people.
- Oh-so-comfy beds — see above.
- Screened-in, cabana-themed porch. Perfect for those long chats at night.
- FULLY equipped kitchen.
- Close to so many lake attractions — theme parks, state parks, caves, golfing, and more!
- Includes a starter packet of detergents, bath soaps, trash bags, toilet paper, and paper towels.
- Giant dock with a diving board (practice your cannonballs!)
- Serene views of the Lake of the Ozarks
- Close to popular restaurants, including H Toad, Frankie & Louie’s, Jolly Roger, etc.