- Time to Relax: It’s no secret that most of our days are packed with taking the kids to soccer practice, going to school events, and everything else that fills our calendars. We’re often going at 100MPH. Spending a few days or even a week at the Lake of the Ozarks gives you the perfect chance to slow down. Relax. Lounge around. Nap in a hammock. Soak up the quiet and stillness of nature. Too often, vacations end up being as busy and hectic as our day to day lives. Come to the lake and really let your worries melt away.
- Airfare Going Up: Flying to your destination won’t get any cheaper in 2014. According to CNN, seats on airplanes will shrink and fees are likely to increase this year. That means more for checking baggage and more fees when booking your flight. Instead, hop in the car and drive to the Lake of the Ozarks. Road trips are a perfect way to re-connect and enjoy the views along the way.
- Something For Everyone: Are you looking for a romantic weekend getaway? A family vacation? A golf outing? A weekend with the girls? There is literally something for everyone at the Lake of the Ozarks. And when you stay at a vacation home rental instead of a hotel, you can have all of the comforts of home without the cost and noise of a hotel. Plus, the Lake of the Ozarks can be fun on any budget!
- More Than A Lake: Yes, we love the lake. Boating, water-skiing, and renting jet skis is always a blast. But there’s way more than the lake to keep you entertained. There’s plenty of shopping, fishing, play a round of mini-golf, visit one of the many show caves in the area, see a music show, hike through Ha Ha Tonka Park, visit Big Surf Water park, dig through the many vintage and thrift shops, and eat to your heart’s desire at the lake’s many delicious restaurants.
- Beauty All Around: Too often, we’re surrounded by city buildings, lots of honking cars, and concrete parking lots. The Lake of the Ozarks has so many trees, adorned in beautiful colors, a gorgeous, serene lake, walking trails for miles, animals scurrying about, and best of all – FRESH AIR. It’s tough to beat the sunsets and sunrises (if you get up in time) that make getting away so priceless.
Airfare, airport body scanners, and 5 cookbooks that you must check out this summer! Here is this week’s edition of Travel Headlines you might have missed.
Southwest launches fare sale, others may match – Travel on MSNBC
Top 5 Cookbooks to Read This Summer – ABC News
Public urged to avoid some rental car firms – USA Today Travel
Airport body scanners: Are they safe? – CNN Travel
5 ways to save on flights – ABC Travel
Here are some top travel stories that you might have missed:
12 Family Trips Budget Travel Editors Love – Budget Travel
Yahoo picks the 10 great American road trips – USA Today
10 tricks for saving on summer airfare – USA Today Travel
25 Greatest Travel Books of All Time – Budget Travel
Spirit Airlines raising carry-on fee to $100 – Chicago Tribune