Remember the good ‘ol days of unrolling or unfolding paper maps? Well, those day are over for the most part.
Today, most of us have smart phones that allows us to navigate our way easily on any trip. Or even a trip across town!
Even though reception can be spotty at the Lake of the Ozarks, as long as you have a signal, here are 5 mobile apps that will help you out during your stay.
- Yelp: There are plenty of fantastic restaurants at the Lake of the Ozarks — from BBQ to seafood, there’s something for every taste bud. If you’re not sure where to go, open up this app and search what’s nearby. You can filter the search by how many stars people gave the restaurant and by which type of cuisine you’re craving. Download: iPhone | Android
- GasBuddy: Looking for a gas station and wanting to save some money? GasBuddy is your new best friend to find the best prices at the pump. iPhone | Android
- Google Maps: This is a no-brainer for any trip. Google Maps seamlessly helps you get to your final destination. Either use it as a map or use the GPS feature to make it even easier to navigate the winding roads at the Lake. If you have an iPhone, you can also use their Maps feature. Your preference! iPhone | Android
- Travel List: Whether you’re going on vacation or traveling for a work trip, this app is your lifesaver! Never again will you forget the little things: your toothbrush, shampoo, that shirt you love. The app helps you organize and remind you what needs to be packed. This is perfect for those of you who are forgetful. 🙂 iPhone only
- Weather Channel: Wondering what the weather at the Lake of the Ozarks is going to be during your stay? Open up your app and add a new zip code: 65037. Once it’s add, take a look at the weekend, 5-day, or week forecast. Once you’re at the lake, begin your morning with taking a look at this app and plan your day accordingly. iPhone | Android