It’s time to kick off the summer the right way!!
Memorial Day weekend is a perfect time to relax and unwind with those you love most. And to remember all of the men and women who sacrificed so that we can live in freedom.
Here’s the latest weather forecast for this weekend. We might see some storms on Saturday, but Sunday is looking beautiful!
We’ve put together a list of 20 things to do at the Lake of the Ozarks this Memorial Day weekend. Take a look below, be safe, and enjoy your weekend!
Keep it simple: Read a book, play games with the family, just be…
If you’re staying with us this weekend, be sure to bring an umbrella! A slight chance of showers today and tomorrow. However, the temperatures will be nice, hitting 70 degrees tomorrow.
Looking to stay out of the rain? This is the perfect time of year to check out some of the Lake of the Ozarks’ caves. Find a list of the best local show caves on our website.
Don’t forget: The Enchanted Village of Lights at the Laurie Fairgrounds begins tomorrow.
Book a stay with us between now and January 1st and we’ll make a $20 donation to the display in your name! Simply use the code “LIGHTS” when you book your stay!
If you’re spending your Labor Day weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks, there will be no shortage of warmth and sunshine.
Perfect for renting a boat, exploring a local cave, or barreling down some of the best water slides in the country!
Some tips to keep in mind this weekend:
- Stay hydrated: With temperatures in the upper 90’s, be sure to have a cooler full of ice and bottled water. The heat can sneak up on you if you’re not careful!
- Wear Sunscreen: There’s nothing worse than spending your vacation fried from a bad sunburn. Apply sunscreen at least every few hours. Do your best to find some shade every now and then, whether a canopy on a boat or relaxing under some trees.
- Mix It Up: It’s always nice to balance out your trip: Spent a good amount of time on the lake, enjoying the outdoors, then head indoors for some air conditioning in the evening.
Don’t miss out on the fabulous fireworks displays this Sunday. Here’s also another roundup of weekend activities.
We hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and happy Labor Day Weekend! Make the last days of summer count!
There’s nothing quite like quality family time at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Since many of you are bringing little ones to the lake for a family vacation, we wanted to share some activities that can be enjoyed by the entire family! These are activities that your kids will be begging to return to year after year.
- Horseback Riding: Check out Broken Gate Trail Rides or give Circle R Stables a call at 573-348-8687.
- Cave Exploring: There’s nothing quite like exploring the world underground. Missouri is nicknamed “The Cave State”, having more than 5,600 recorded caves, including 20 show caves, which are open to the public for guided tours. During your stay, be sure to visit Bridal Cave, Ozark Caverns, or Jacobs Cave.
- Water Parks: Yes, the entire family can get wet and wild without even going to the lake! Take a dip at Bear Bottoms Water slides, Big Surf Water Park, or Timber Falls Indoor Water Park. Bear Bottoms boasts Missouri’s Number 1 and Number 2 longest open flume body water slides.
- Miniature Golf: No need to drive a golf ball far at either of these destinations. It’s all about the putting! Putt ‘N’ Stuff Family Fun Center and Sugar Creek Miniature Golf are both great options if you kids or grandkids are looking for a day away from the water.
- Family Fun Center: After spending a few days on the lake, Miner Mike’s Indoor Family Fun Center is the perfect way to cool off and have some serious fun! Miner Mike’s is a 35,000 sq. ft family fun center that features exciting rides, challenging games, simulators and great food. Also, be sure to check out Buster, Miner Mike’s adorable mule!
As always, if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a ring at 866-273-2169. And of course, be sure to check out all of our comfy homes that can accommodate any size family.
If you’ve been to the Lake of the Ozarks in the summer, you don’t need any nudging to visit again!
Here are 10 reasons why the Lake of the Ozarks is the perfect vacation destination!
1. Gorgeous scenery everywhere you turn.
2. The perfect place to unplug (turn those cell phones off!)
3. RELAXATION. Whether on the dock, in a hammock, or in a calming day spa.
4. LIVE music – all summer long!
5. Kid Friendly – From super water slides to horseback riding, your kid will love it here.
6. Get wet! – Water skiing, boating, and parasailing
7. You can bring your pets along!
8. Endless amounts of State Parks to explore.
9. Cool of in some of the Ozark’s beautiful caves.
10. Satisfy your tastebuds each day you’re at the lake!
Have you ever seen one of those flying creatures up close? If you’re not too scared, this Saturday will be your chance!
Onondaga Cave State Park is hosting Missouri’s first Bat Festival on April 21st. Read more below from The Rolla Daily News:
Rob Mies is coming to Missouri’s first ever Bat Festival on Saturday, April 21, at Onondaga Cave State Park. And he’s bringing a few of his furry friends.
Mies is the director and founder of the Organization for Bat Conservation, the largest grass-roots bat conservation program in the United States, with headquarters at the Cranbrook Institute of Science in Bloomfield Hills, Mich. The organization presents some 1,500 live shows a year to educate people about one of the world’s most unique, and misunderstood, animals.
Mies, pronounced “my-ess,” has become somewhat of a celebrity; his work has been featured in television documentaries and he has made appearances on shows hosted by Ellen Degeneres, Conan O’Brien and Regis and Kelly. Mies does the talking, but his friends are the stars.
Are you an adventurer at heart? An outdoorsman or woman? Enjoying the beauty at the Lake of the Ozarks means getting out there and trying something new. While boating and water skiing are great activities, here are five activities that you might not thought of:
- Horseback Riding: Here’s your chance to soak up the scenery and to encounter some friendly and “not so wild” horses. Broken Gate Trail Rides and Circle R Stables are both great choices near the lake. Saddle up! Don’t forget your boots!
- Parasailing: This one is not for the faint at heart — but it’s also not as scary as you might think. Parasailing provides a priceless view of the lake and plenty of opportunities for photos to show your friends, family, and co-workers back home. Paradise Parasail and Hi-Flyer Parasail are both fantastic companies to check out.
- Scenic Air Tours: Ready to take flights? Lake Ozark Helicopters and Air Lake Aviation can take you on a breathtaking tours of the Lake of the Ozarks. An aerial view is the only way to soak up the beauty and wonder of the lake.
- Caves: Take a plunge into the darkness by exploring some of the local caves. Stalactites and stalagmites, giant columns, and ancient formations are what you’ll see on these unforgettable tours. Bridal Cave is a must-see — rated as one of the most scenic caves in America.
- Shooting Range: Locked and loaded! The Missouri Trapshooters Association and Pistol Plus are great places to test your aim. Pistol Plus has awesome taxidermy displays, along with a museum and pro archery shop.