Beer, brats, and the Super Bowl are a combination that just about every man loves.
If you’re looking for some different recipes for the big game this year, we’ve compiled five recipes worth trying. All of them incorporate beer in some way. If you have cooked with beer, you know it can add a richness to whatever dish you’re making.
- Beef & Guinness Stew: Something hearty and heavy. Perfect for before, during or after the game! This stew has everything a man could want — beef & beer.
- Beer-Battered Potato Wedge Recipes: Serve with burgers or a hot ‘n spicy aioli. These crispy, crunchy beer-battered fries are perfect for game day.
- Cheddar Beer Dip with Smoked Sausage: Dips are the perfect dish for Super Bowl Sunday. Throw in a dark beer, such as Guinness, and Tabasco sauce, to give this dip the perfect kick!
- Chipotle Stout Sloppy Joe’s Sliders: Make sure you make plenty of these — because they will be gone in no time!! Ground beef, chipotle peppers, a Chipotle Stout or Porter, and tiny buns. This will for sure be a new Super Bowl favorite!
- Arrogant Bastard Ale Onion Rings: This name is hilarious. But the onion rings are seriously delicious. The batter, laced with Arrogant Bastard Ale, spices, and chipotle chiles, makes for an unforgettable onion ring. Heartburn will be totally worth it!
Do you have any Super Bowl recipes/traditions? Share your recipe with us in the comments!
There’s no better time than Halloween to take your desserts to a spooky, new level.
We searched around the Internet and found 5 Halloween recipes that are guaranteed to turn some heads and put smiles on the faces of your friends and family!
Frozen “Boo”-nana Pops by Skinny Taste
Halloween Cupcakes In A Jar by HGTV
Rice Cereal and Marshmallow Treat Pumpkins by Spoonful
Dirt Pudding by Neighbor Food Blog
Trick-or-Chex Treat by Cupcake Diaries Blog
Fall is no doubt the season of the apple.
Apple pie. Apple cake. Apple cider. Apple, apple, apple!
We are sure you’re used to the standard Apple Cider, which is cozy and warming on a cool fall day. But there’s many dishes beyond ciders where apples can showcase their sweet and tartness.
After a little bit of digging, we wanted to share three different recipes all using apple as the central ingredient.
Since all of our vacation rental homes are stocked with kitchen utensils and equipment, be sure to try one of these recipes when you come to the Lake of the Ozarks!
- Traditional Mulled Apple Cider – Fall isn’t complete without the scent of apple cider wafting through our home. This recipe from Bobby Flay of Food Network throws in extra spices to make it even richer — cinnamon, allspice berries, cloves, and one orange.
- Apple Cider Doughnuts – If you’re wanting to treat your family, these doughnuts are the way to go! They bring the best of apples into a light, fluffy, fried treat. Dip the doughnuts in sugar for a nice finish.
- Apple-Glazed Barbecued Baby Back Ribs – You haven’t put the grill away just yet, have you? Good! This is for the meat-lover who wants to impress the crowd at a football tailgate or at home. Dark brown sugar, apple cider, and an array of spices will take your ribs to the next level. Now, that’s finger lickin’ good!
Let’s face it.
Vacation is for relaxing! Even though all of our properties have kitchens, equipped with pots, pans, and utensils for cooking, you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
A breakfast favorite that’s so easy to prepare in advance is pancakes. Instead of buying the boxed mix, here’s an easy DIY pancake mix you can make, put in a Ziploc bag, and pack next to your toothbrush.
Before making breakfast for the whole family, you’ll just need to pickup are eggs, buttermilk, and some butter.
Find the full recipe here.
Wait, there’s more. Maple syrup is a classic topping for pancakes. But if you want to wow your family or friends, below are some suggestions to top the pancakes with. Choose 3-5 interesting toppings and let people build their own, perfect pancake.
- Nuts (any kind you like!)
- Whipped cream (a kid’s favorite)
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Cinnamon and sugar
- Flaked coconut
- Fruit preserves
- Chopped peaches
- Honey Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Strawberry Butter
- Banana and Honey
What’s your favorite topping for pancakes?
We know you have many choices when it comes to vacationing at the Lake of the Ozarks.
That’s why we continue to offer personable service and pay attention to every detail so your stay is as comfy as possible.
Sue’s Serenity is a gorgeous, private choice if you’re really looking for a getaway for the family. Here are five reasons to make Sue’s Serenity your next vacation spot:
- Plenty of Shade: Dogwood trees are a staple at the Lake of the Ozarks. Staying here, you’ll be protected from the hottest, sunny day by plenty of Dogwoods towering overhead. When you need a break from the heat, simply throw down a blanket and take a nap in the cool shade.
- Privacy: This wonderful family retreat resides in the middle of a subdivision on a dead end road – offer great privacy for any family retreat. It’s like having the perks of being in the middle of nowhere, but surrounded by the beautiful scenery of the lake.
- What A View: Each bedroom has access to the deck for lakefront viewing. There’s nothing better than stepping out onto the deck in the morning, taking in a deep breath of the freshest air.
- Get Cooking: Sue’s Serenity, like all of our properties, is furnished for normal housekeeping with dishes, cookware, flatware, glasses, grills, and basic appliances. Whether your preference is grilling or making a large feast in the kitchen, we have just what you need to satisfy any family’s taste buds.
- Near the Action: This beautiful property is just 25-30 minutes away from all the Action on the busy side of the Lake – Bagnell Dam, Lake Ozarks, and Osage Beach – via the community bridge. Once you are here plan to take in any number of the Lake’s attractions including state parks, theme parks, cave explorations, golfing, go-karts, theatres, bowling, music, etc.
And one more thing. Take a look at this view. To learn more about Sue’s Serenity, simply click here. Give us a call at 1-866-273-2169 if you have any questions!