Above is your forecast at the Lake of the Ozarks for this weekend!
If you’re staying at one of our properties this weekend, here are some events worth checking out!
- Chris Weaver Band: Saturday, June 29th at 9:00pm at Dog Days. Chris Weaver was born to make music. Growing up in West Virginia, his father was a traveling musician for over 25 years and music was always around him. From the early age of ten, Chris knew he would be a musician too. He started to hone his craft through influences like Cocker, Petty, Morrison and Mellencamp “It’s all I could ever remember wanting to do,” Weaver states. “I wanted to write like them and sing like them but just do it in a way that would be my own.”
- Dog Days Bar & Grill Live Music: Serving the Lake of the Ozarks since 1993, Dog Days Bar & Grill on the waterfront at the19MM on Lake of the Ozarks has something for everyone … whether you just want to stop in and sip on one of our signature frozen cocktails, enjoy a nice dinner with your family, or dance the night away with one of our fabulous live bands! Click here for more information about live music this weekend.
- Live Music w/ Caribbean Good Times: Sunday, June 30th at 7pm at Paradise Tropical Restaurant & Bar. It’s time to turn up the heat at Paradise Restaurant & Bar and that means LIVE MUSIC every weekend!! We have put together a band called Caribbean Good Times just for our Paradise guests. This band is composed of four of the best performers from the Caribbean. This group has two of the performers from last year’s band, Pan Ecstasy, as well as two new members to spice it up a little.
- Glory Days A Musical Tribute to Springsteen: Friday and Saturday at 7pm at Bear Bottom Resort. GLORY DAYS generates energy and excitement everytime they perform. This dynamic band is composed of seven very talented musicians that were specifically selected from auditions throughout the midwest. GLORY DAYS current lineup includes a very talented and experienced lead vocalist that fronts the band. A very tight rhythm section provides the drive that powers the band through it’s high energy sets! Click here for more information.
For everyone coming to the Lake of the Ozarks this weekend, we’ve got your weekend weather forecast, along with events worth checking out!
First, the weather:
With such beautiful weather, you’ll definitely want to be outdoors. Here are some events at the Lake of the Ozarks:
Canine Cannonball 2013: The annual Dock Dogs jumping contest is held at Dog Days again this year. Canine athletes compete in Big Air, Extreme Vertical, and Speed Retrieve at this family friendly event. For information on entering your dog contact Dog Days at 573-348-9797. Free admission. For more information, click here.
Offshore Super Series: Lake Race has developed as a result of the overwhelming support for powerboat racing at Lake of the Ozarks. As the jewel of the Midwest, our lake is an amazing venue for powerboat racing, and we know you will find lake area residents and business owners to be the most friendly and enthusiastic in the country. The Offshore Super Series had its debut here back in 2007-09, and due to the economy and many unforeseen circumstances, has taken a hiatus from the lake. Now based on a ground swell of support from our community, OSS is back with a schedule and venue that you’ll find better than ever. For more information, click here.
BROstock at Captain Ron’s: The world’s best wakeboard contest is back! Liquid Force’s world famous BROstock will be taking place June 6-8 at scenic Lake of the Ozarks “BROzarks”, Mo. Fueled by Monster Energy, BROstock will feature twenty six of the world’s best riders including Harley Clifford, Shane Bonifay, and Bob Soven competing in a double-up contest for over $30,000! For more information, click here.
If none of these strike your fancy, we have a whole list of activities, restaurants, and other events worth checking out. Click here to check out our Local Area Guide.
Between all the splashing and watching Fido take the gold, you’re probably going to get hungry! If you’re in town for this year’s Dog Days Canine Cannonball, here are some restaurants to try. Never pretentious, but always delicious, these five are worth checking out after a long day at the lake:
- Olive Branch Restaurant: May your time at the Olive Branch be a new beginning for you. Look around you at the friends and family enjoying the good food and fellowship of this place. Many a new beginning got its start over a good meal, and many a person has felt at peace and in harmony with the world after a time of fellowship and dining. It was for this purpose that the Olive Branch came in being. It is more than a restaurant; it is a gathering place once again just as it was when it was a church.
- The Duck: This distinctive lakefront dining experience features both traditional favorites and innovative creations prepared with the freshest ingredients by our culinary staff. Whether on our covered deck, screened porch or inside dining rooms, you’ll find great dining in a great lakefront setting.
- Baxter’s Lakeside Grille: Our classic American restaurant builds on the rich history that the Lake Area is known for. All of the restaurants we brought to the Midwest share a common commitment: use only the finest, freshest ingredients, coupled with personal service and warm, inviting surroundings.
- The Blue Heron Restaurant: Tuesday through Saturday, your host Joseph H. Boer invites you to a dining experience at the Lake of the Ozarks. When it comes to win, The Blue Heron is second to none: 3 Consecutive Years at the Potted Steer Winner of the Wine Spectator Award of One of the 100 Best in the World. Cheers!
- JB Hooks: JB Hooks’ dining room overlooks a panoramic view of the main channel of the Lake, and offers a relaxing atmosphere to add to your dining experience.