Ha Ha Tonka State Park is one of the best ways to explore fall at the Lake of the Ozarks.
And aside from walking the usual trails, Missouri State Park has a fun and kid-friendly event on Halloween night called “Ha Ha Haunt”.
Here more info from Ha Ha Tonka State Park:
Put on your favorite costume and enjoy an evening of Halloween fun for all ages. Castle Trail will be decorated and lined with jack-o-lanterns. At the castle ruins, get a treat bag, make a s’more, play a game for a prize, do a craft and get a cup of hot chocolate. This year’s event will feature professional storyteller Steve Otto. He will be telling ghost stories for the younger crowd at 5:30 p.m. and spookier stories for the brave at 6:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
Event time: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
1491 State Road D, Camdenton, MO | (573) 346-2986
Photo by Bear Bottom Resort
Now, here’s something both kids AND adults can agree on!
Bear Bottom Resorts, home to Missouri’s number 1 and number 2 longest open flume body waterslides, has a special every Thursday that kids and adults can enjoy.
Every Thursday, it’s only $5.00 after 5pm for armbands, along with 30 cent wings and dollar drafts from 6pm until 8pm.
That means kids (and adults who are still kids at heart) can slip, slide, and get soaked!
And for the adults who want to stay dry, enjoy deliciously decadent wing and ice-cold dollar drafts to cool off from the summer heat.
The waterslides are open from 10am until 11pm, daily.
Bear Bottom Resort is in Sunrise Beach, located at Mile Marker 38 of the Osage Arm.
It’s a bird! It’s a plane!
Yup. It’s a plane, alright.
The Lake of the Ozarks Air Show is coming to Camdenton, Saturday, September 21st! The show will take place at the Camdenton Memorial Airport.
We know this is a little far in advance, but if you’ve ever been to an air show, this is an event you don’t want to miss. It’s a perfect day activity for the entire family and a great opportunity to honor and celebrate our military men and women.
According to LakeoftheOzarksAirShow.com, “The air show will see a salute to our military and the return of the B-25 Bomber, Team Vortex Air Show, the Ping Pong Ball Drop, KC Flight Formation Team and new acts to be announced soon.”
To see a full schedule of the day’s events, please click here.
By the way, if this video doesn’t get you excited, nothing will!
*In case of rain, the makeup date for the air show is Sunday, September 22nd
We know you have many choices when it comes to vacationing at the Lake of the Ozarks.
That’s why we continue to offer personable service and pay attention to every detail so your stay is as comfy as possible.
Sue’s Serenity is a gorgeous, private choice if you’re really looking for a getaway for the family. Here are five reasons to make Sue’s Serenity your next vacation spot:
- Plenty of Shade: Dogwood trees are a staple at the Lake of the Ozarks. Staying here, you’ll be protected from the hottest, sunny day by plenty of Dogwoods towering overhead. When you need a break from the heat, simply throw down a blanket and take a nap in the cool shade.
- Privacy: This wonderful family retreat resides in the middle of a subdivision on a dead end road – offer great privacy for any family retreat. It’s like having the perks of being in the middle of nowhere, but surrounded by the beautiful scenery of the lake.
- What A View: Each bedroom has access to the deck for lakefront viewing. There’s nothing better than stepping out onto the deck in the morning, taking in a deep breath of the freshest air.
- Get Cooking: Sue’s Serenity, like all of our properties, is furnished for normal housekeeping with dishes, cookware, flatware, glasses, grills, and basic appliances. Whether your preference is grilling or making a large feast in the kitchen, we have just what you need to satisfy any family’s taste buds.
- Near the Action: This beautiful property is just 25-30 minutes away from all the Action on the busy side of the Lake – Bagnell Dam, Lake Ozarks, and Osage Beach – via the community bridge. Once you are here plan to take in any number of the Lake’s attractions including state parks, theme parks, cave explorations, golfing, go-karts, theatres, bowling, music, etc.
And one more thing. Take a look at this view. To learn more about Sue’s Serenity, simply click here. Give us a call at 1-866-273-2169 if you have any questions!
Everyone loves a good deal, right?!
If you’re coming to the Lake of the Ozarks this summer, be sure to check out Lake News Online’s Radar Frog.
They have several coupons to save money at local restaurants and other attractions in Osage Beach, Camdenton, and Sunrise Beach.
A few of them include Imo’s Pizza and Big Bear Resort.
Don’t forget to check out our Local Area Guide for restaurants, attractions, spas, and more.
Remember: We are here to answer any of your questions about the lake!
Photo credit: Amish & Mennonites in Missouri Facebook page
Not many people know this, but just a few miles north east of Versailles in Mennonite Country. It has plenty of beautiful, scenic country to drive through.
We go every year to Weaver’s Country Store to buy old fashioned candy and if we’re lucky pick up a fresh homemade pie! I even purchased lavender stems in bulk from Weaver’s when we planned our daughter’s wedding. (We tied the lavender into small placemat bundles for each of our 250 guest to smell!)
My mom goes to the Mennonite local market all the time to pick up flowers for our properties, as well as purchase and later can their wonderful produce. This is also a great experience for kids — a “bring the whole family” trip. It gives kids a chance to see good see how goods are brought to market and sold through an auction.
If you’re looking for something out of the norm, take a visit to the Mennonite Country!
Learn more at their website and Facebook page.
If you’ve been to the Lake of the Ozarks in the summer, you don’t need any nudging to visit again!
Here are 10 reasons why the Lake of the Ozarks is the perfect vacation destination!
1. Gorgeous scenery everywhere you turn.
2. The perfect place to unplug (turn those cell phones off!)
3. RELAXATION. Whether on the dock, in a hammock, or in a calming day spa.
4. LIVE music – all summer long!
5. Kid Friendly – From super water slides to horseback riding, your kid will love it here.
6. Get wet! – Water skiing, boating, and parasailing
7. You can bring your pets along!
8. Endless amounts of State Parks to explore.
9. Cool of in some of the Ozark’s beautiful caves.
10. Satisfy your tastebuds each day you’re at the lake!