Can you believe September is already here? Where did summer even go?!
If you’re not into summer heat and bustling crowds, there is no better time than fall to head to the Lake of the Ozarks.
Fall festivals. Jacket weather. S’mores and reminiscing over a campfire. The changing leaves. Gold. Red. Orange. Brown. Beautiful.
This month, there are several events you’ll want to check out, including:
- 14th Annual Fall Festival in Osage Beach
- Iguana Fireworks at Iguana Cove on September 11th
- Grand Opening of Pickleheads Roadhouse September 11th – 14th
- BIKEFEST 2014!
- 45th Annual Laurie Hillbilly Fair
- AND MORE!
Check out a full list of events in September at the Lake of the Ozarks here.
Photo by William Bartlett
Fireworks at the Lake of the Ozarks
The Fourth of July at the Lake of the Ozarks just isn’t complete without seeing fireworks. FunLake.com put together 16 different places you can go to check out the fireworks display. Click here for times, locations, and details.
Eat Ribs, Support a Good Cause
Even though all of our vacation rental homes are stocked with all the pots and pans you need to whip up a wonderful meal, you don’t want to be cooking the entire weekend. The Gravois Firefighter Association will have “Ribs to Go” on July 2, 3, and 4 in Laurie. Get your tickets in advance while they last with a donation of $20 each. Call 573-374-4442 for details. You must have a ticket before you pick up the ribs. Pick up your order at Gravois Fire Station 215 HWY in Laurie. All Proceeds go to Missouri Children’s Burn Camp. Help send a kid to camp!
Fourth of July Events Around the Lake
Aside from fireworks, there’s a whole lot going on in and around the lake over Independence Day weekend. Click here for a more comprehensive list of events.
Check Out Our Local Area Guide
From boating to golfing, dining, horseback riding, spas, water parks, and wineries, we have tons of resources for couples, families, and everything in between. Click here to browse our local area guide.
New Restaurants to Try Over 4th of July Weekend
Photo credit: William Bartlett
It’s time to kick off the summer the right way!!
Memorial Day weekend is a perfect time to relax and unwind with those you love most. And to remember all of the men and women who sacrificed so that we can live in freedom.
Here’s the latest weather forecast for this weekend. We might see some storms on Saturday, but Sunday is looking beautiful!
We’ve put together a list of 20 things to do at the Lake of the Ozarks this Memorial Day weekend. Take a look below, be safe, and enjoy your weekend!
Keep it simple: Read a book, play games with the family, just be…
The Dogwoods are in full bloom and summer is on its way!!
If you’re heading to the Lake of the Ozarks this May, Funlake.com has a list of events you won’t want to miss.
Whether you’re coming for a couple’s weekend, a ladies getaway, or with the entire family, there is something for you to do!
Don’t forget to start planning for Memorial Day weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks! There is always a gorgeous fireworks display May 24-26 at five different locations in the area.
To download a list of events in May, click here.
Don’t miss out on one last fireworks hurrah at the Lake of the Ozarks!
Here are four spots to watch fireworks on Sunday, September 1st. The fireworks begin at dusk.
- Tan-Tar-A Resort – Click to learn more
- Celebration Cruises – Call for Reservations: 573-480-3212
- Tropic island Cruises – Call for Reservations: 573-348-0083
- Lodge of Four Seasons – Lodge of Four Seasons
As always — if you’re staying with us over the Labor Day weekend holiday, be sure check out our Lake of the Ozarks Local Area Guide for activities for couples, a women’s weekend, or fun for the entire family.
Thinking about heading to the Lake of the Ozarks for the Fourth of July?
If so, you won’t want to miss out on the fantastic fireworks displays throughout the area. Below is a list of some of the displays you can check out. Check back frequently as we’ll add new locations as we hear about them. Also, don’t forget to book your stay at one of our gorgeous properties. Hurry…they go quickly this time of year!
Bear Bottom Resort – July 4 & 6 (at 9:30pm) – Take the whole family to Bear Bottom to cool off on their many water slides, then stay for fireworks in the evening! They are located in Sunrise Beach. Click here for directions.
Captain Ron’s – July 5 – Captain Ron’s is a staple at the Lake of the Ozarks. During the day, lay out on the beach, take a stroll along Treasure Pass, or just hang out with your friends at the Tiki Bar. Once the sun sets, enjoy a stunning fireworks display.
Old Kinderhook – July 6 (6 – 9:30pm) – Soak up beautiful fireworks at Old Kinderhook’s Fireworks Fun Fest! They’ll have live music from The Boomchuks, along with bounce houses, face painting, flows, balloon artists, and a beer garden for the adults. The show starts at dusk. They are located at 20 Eagle Ridge Road in Camdenton. Click here for directions.
Seven Springs Winery – July 6 – Seven Springs Winery and Vineyards sits atop 160 acres of rolling Missouri foothills between Camdenton and Osage Beach. The winery is less than a 10 minute drive from either location. The covered porch and patio area are ideal for enjoying a glass of wine and admiring the beautiful views. Come out and enjoy the 2nd Annual Fireworks at Seven Springs. Click here for direction.
Still need lodging for Memorial Day weekend? We’ve got you covered!! Take a look at our beautiful, cozy properties TODAY! Spots are filling up very quickly!
Also, if you’re not sure what to do on Memorial Day weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks, here are five events you won’t want to miss.
1. Memorial Day Weekend Fireworks. May 25-27th. Watch the sky light up during Memorial Weekend. Fireworks will be hosted at different venues around the Lake throughout the weekend. Call 1-800-386-5253 to find out specific viewing locations.
2. Main Street Music Hall presents “Special Guest” Trent Wideman in a live performance. Don’t miss this excellent family comedy. May 24th-25th. Buy your tickets here.
3. Huricane Deck Lions Club Panake Flip – Hurricane Deck Lions Building. May 25th. The Hurricane Deck Lions Club is having a (All You Can Eat) pancake and/or biscuit and gravy breakfast on Saturday, May 25 from 7:00 to 11:00 A.M. Breakfast includes pancakes, sausage, or biscuits and gravy, orange juice, coffee or tea. Adult price is $6.00, children 10 and under is $3.00. All proceeds are used for Lions Club projects which benefit the community. The Hurricane Deck Lions Club is located of Highway 5, ½ mile down Purvis Road (Lake Road at 5-29, Laurie—Sunrise Beach). Bring the family and enjoy.
4. Sax on the Beach – Seven Springs Winery. May 25th. Sax on the Beach pride themselves on being a highly professional and workable band that can please all crowds. Performing all over Missouri and surrounding areas, they cover a wide range of music styles varying from Etta James to Lady Gaga. For more info, visit SotbLakeOzark.com.
5. The Charlie Daniels Band – Lake of the Ozarks Ampitheater. May 29th. The Charlie Daniels Band will appear at Lake of the Ozarks Amphitheater Memorial Day weekend in a Salute to the Soldiers performance scheduled for the holiday weekend. Tickets are free to all active duty and reserve military with identification. For tickets, visit www.ticketmaster.com.
As always, don’t hesitate to give us a call if you have questions about other events happening at the Lake of the Ozarks! Call us at 1-866-273-2169.