With fall just around the corner, it’s once again time for the Big Bash Bash at the Lake of the Ozarks!!
The tournament takes place October 4th and 5th and the biggest catch will walk away with $70,000. If you have yet to enter, you can do so here. We have plenty of vacation rental homes that are near all of the action.
Here are some of our deals that you’ll want to take advantage of for that weekend. These properties are closest to the weigh in at Alhonna Resort and Marina (9MM). Remember, when you book online or by phone – 866-273-2169 – use the Promo code: BASSBASH.
Jim’s Hideaway – 2 bedroom. Just $100 per night with our 10% discount.
Waterfall Cove – 4 bedroom. $225 per night.
As the days get longer and we inch even closer to Spring — just 9 days away — it’s time to get out your fishing poles and head to the Lake of the Ozarks!
The Kansas City Star recently wrote about where the fish will be biting in 2014.
The Lake of the Ozarks made the cut for several types of fish, including:
- Largemouth Bass
- White Bass
photo credit: Fishingman1
Photo credit: Ryan Somma
For all of the avid fisherman out there — this is for you!
According to LakeNewsOnline.com, this regulation, beginning March 1, was put in place over concern “about the potential over-harvest of these fish”.
Please be aware of the following regulations as you fish at the Lake of the Ozarks this year. The new regulations are listed below:
- Ten blue catfish daily
- A protected slot-length limit of 26-34 inches (7-16 pounds)
- Fish within the slot must be returned to the water unharmed immediately.
- Two blue catfish larger than 34 inches
- These two fish would count toward the daily limit of 10.
To read more about the new regulations for blue catfish, please click here.
Mother Nature seems to be throwing a lot our way these days, from snow to one “polar vortex” after another!
But rest assured, warmer temperatures are headed our way. Spring weather is just around the corner. Even though that brings out plenty of beautiful wildlife and gorgeous blooms on trees, there’s also one thing to keep in mind — rain.
Don’t let a little rain spoil your time at the Lake of the Ozarks. Here are five activities to do at the Lake and still have FUN…even when the weather isn’t so nice!
- Visit the area Arcades and eat some fudge at Grandma’s Candy Kitchen.
- Go Spelunking: Research area caves and explore on your own or visit these great Caves with a professional guide – Bridal Cave or Jacob’s Cave.
- Plan an Educational Day Trip – visit any one of the area museums and visitor centers. Ravenwoods Estate is definitely worth checking out!
- Go Fishing on your covered dock – It so refreshing to breathe in the spring rains on a dock. And remember — the fish don’t know it’s raining! 🙂
- Stay inside: Play a game, read a book or put together a challenging puzzle as a family. There are so many options to consider! Let the creativity flow. I love this quote from Marcel Proust: “A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves.
Do you have any other indoor activities that you love at the Lake of the Ozarks? Leave your ideas in the comments below!
I cannot tell you what a wonderful time we had during our stay at your beautiful lake house. Words cannot express how grateful I am that you have made the house available for others to share with they’re families. Thank you for being pet friendly as well because so many places on the lake aren’t. I only hope it will be for rent for a very long time because we are already planning our trip for next year when our other son and his wife (who live in SC) can come with us as well. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for such wonderful accommodations; It was a blissful weekend.
– Cindy R.
Thank you for the kind words, Cindy! We are SOOOO glad your family enjoyed your time at the lake 🙂
Click here for a FULL TOUR of Crownview.