There’s nothing quite like quality family time at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Since many of you are bringing little ones to the lake for a family vacation, we wanted to share some activities that can be enjoyed by the entire family! These are activities that your kids will be begging to return to year after year.
- Horseback Riding: Check out Broken Gate Trail Rides or give Circle R Stables a call at 573-348-8687.
- Cave Exploring: There’s nothing quite like exploring the world underground. Missouri is nicknamed “The Cave State”, having more than 5,600 recorded caves, including 20 show caves, which are open to the public for guided tours. During your stay, be sure to visit Bridal Cave, Ozark Caverns, or Jacobs Cave.
- Water Parks: Yes, the entire family can get wet and wild without even going to the lake! Take a dip at Bear Bottoms Water slides, Big Surf Water Park, or Timber Falls Indoor Water Park. Bear Bottoms boasts Missouri’s Number 1 and Number 2 longest open flume body water slides.
- Miniature Golf: No need to drive a golf ball far at either of these destinations. It’s all about the putting! Putt ‘N’ Stuff Family Fun Center and Sugar Creek Miniature Golf are both great options if you kids or grandkids are looking for a day away from the water.
- Family Fun Center: After spending a few days on the lake, Miner Mike’s Indoor Family Fun Center is the perfect way to cool off and have some serious fun! Miner Mike’s is a 35,000 sq. ft family fun center that features exciting rides, challenging games, simulators and great food. Also, be sure to check out Buster, Miner Mike’s adorable mule!
As always, if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a ring at 866-273-2169. And of course, be sure to check out all of our comfy homes that can accommodate any size family.
Families are always asking, “What should we do when we get to the Lake of the Ozarks?”
Hands down, one of the most memorable activities a family can do is horseback riding!
Even if you don’t have your own pair of cowboy boots, you are still welcome! Horses are beautiful, gentle creatures and offer a unique experience you and your kids will never forget. Be sure to bring your camera along!
There are a few places around the Lake of the Ozarks that we’d recommend for horseback riding:
- Broken Gate Trail Rides: Broken Gait Trail Rides provide seasoned trail horses that you can lease or rent for a scenic horseback trail riding adventure through Central Missouri. We offer you the unique opportunity to experience Missouri’s natural beauty in a most natural way — by horseback! Give them a call at 573-796-6192.
- Circle R Stables: Located at the Tan Tar A Resort on Lake Road KK. Their address is 7475 Tan Tara Est, Osage Beach MO 65065. You can reach them by phone at 573-348-8687.
Are you an adventurer at heart? An outdoorsman or woman? Enjoying the beauty at the Lake of the Ozarks means getting out there and trying something new. While boating and water skiing are great activities, here are five activities that you might not thought of:
- Horseback Riding: Here’s your chance to soak up the scenery and to encounter some friendly and “not so wild” horses. Broken Gate Trail Rides and Circle R Stables are both great choices near the lake. Saddle up! Don’t forget your boots!
- Parasailing: This one is not for the faint at heart — but it’s also not as scary as you might think. Parasailing provides a priceless view of the lake and plenty of opportunities for photos to show your friends, family, and co-workers back home. Paradise Parasail and Hi-Flyer Parasail are both fantastic companies to check out.
- Scenic Air Tours: Ready to take flights? Lake Ozark Helicopters and Air Lake Aviation can take you on a breathtaking tours of the Lake of the Ozarks. An aerial view is the only way to soak up the beauty and wonder of the lake.
- Caves: Take a plunge into the darkness by exploring some of the local caves. Stalactites and stalagmites, giant columns, and ancient formations are what you’ll see on these unforgettable tours. Bridal Cave is a must-see — rated as one of the most scenic caves in America.
- Shooting Range: Locked and loaded! The Missouri Trapshooters Association and Pistol Plus are great places to test your aim. Pistol Plus has awesome taxidermy displays, along with a museum and pro archery shop.