Ha Ha Tonka State Park is one of the best ways to explore fall at the Lake of the Ozarks.
And aside from walking the usual trails, Missouri State Park has a fun and kid-friendly event on Halloween night called “Ha Ha Haunt”.
Here more info from Ha Ha Tonka State Park:
Put on your favorite costume and enjoy an evening of Halloween fun for all ages. Castle Trail will be decorated and lined with jack-o-lanterns. At the castle ruins, get a treat bag, make a s’more, play a game for a prize, do a craft and get a cup of hot chocolate. This year’s event will feature professional storyteller Steve Otto. He will be telling ghost stories for the younger crowd at 5:30 p.m. and spookier stories for the brave at 6:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
Event time: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
1491 State Road D, Camdenton, MO | (573) 346-2986
Photo by Bear Bottom Resort
Now, here’s something both kids AND adults can agree on!
Bear Bottom Resorts, home to Missouri’s number 1 and number 2 longest open flume body waterslides, has a special every Thursday that kids and adults can enjoy.
Every Thursday, it’s only $5.00 after 5pm for armbands, along with 30 cent wings and dollar drafts from 6pm until 8pm.
That means kids (and adults who are still kids at heart) can slip, slide, and get soaked!
And for the adults who want to stay dry, enjoy deliciously decadent wing and ice-cold dollar drafts to cool off from the summer heat.
The waterslides are open from 10am until 11pm, daily.
Bear Bottom Resort is in Sunrise Beach, located at Mile Marker 38 of the Osage Arm.
There’s nothing quite like quality family time at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Since many of you are bringing little ones to the lake for a family vacation, we wanted to share some activities that can be enjoyed by the entire family! These are activities that your kids will be begging to return to year after year.
- Horseback Riding: Check out Broken Gate Trail Rides or give Circle R Stables a call at 573-348-8687.
- Cave Exploring: There’s nothing quite like exploring the world underground. Missouri is nicknamed “The Cave State”, having more than 5,600 recorded caves, including 20 show caves, which are open to the public for guided tours. During your stay, be sure to visit Bridal Cave, Ozark Caverns, or Jacobs Cave.
- Water Parks: Yes, the entire family can get wet and wild without even going to the lake! Take a dip at Bear Bottoms Water slides, Big Surf Water Park, or Timber Falls Indoor Water Park. Bear Bottoms boasts Missouri’s Number 1 and Number 2 longest open flume body water slides.
- Miniature Golf: No need to drive a golf ball far at either of these destinations. It’s all about the putting! Putt ‘N’ Stuff Family Fun Center and Sugar Creek Miniature Golf are both great options if you kids or grandkids are looking for a day away from the water.
- Family Fun Center: After spending a few days on the lake, Miner Mike’s Indoor Family Fun Center is the perfect way to cool off and have some serious fun! Miner Mike’s is a 35,000 sq. ft family fun center that features exciting rides, challenging games, simulators and great food. Also, be sure to check out Buster, Miner Mike’s adorable mule!
As always, if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a ring at 866-273-2169. And of course, be sure to check out all of our comfy homes that can accommodate any size family.
The first day of spring is just over two months away!
Believe us, we’re counting down the days until we get to see all of you at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Here are this week’s travel tips to keep you informed and safe!
Happy Friday — we hope everyone has a safe weekend.
What your hotel knows about you – NBC Travel Kit
Best ways to carry money while traveling – USA Today
FAA to pilots: Turn off those electronics – CNN Travel
Luggage services delivers bags to your door – ABC News
How do I plan a weekend vacation with kids? – USA Today
10 tips for safe winter driving – Consumer Reports
8 healthy trip tips from Mega-Travelers – Men’s Health
If you’ve been to the Lake of the Ozarks in the summer, you don’t need any nudging to visit again!
Here are 10 reasons why the Lake of the Ozarks is the perfect vacation destination!
1. Gorgeous scenery everywhere you turn.
2. The perfect place to unplug (turn those cell phones off!)
3. RELAXATION. Whether on the dock, in a hammock, or in a calming day spa.
4. LIVE music – all summer long!
5. Kid Friendly – From super water slides to horseback riding, your kid will love it here.
6. Get wet! – Water skiing, boating, and parasailing
7. You can bring your pets along!
8. Endless amounts of State Parks to explore.
9. Cool of in some of the Ozark’s beautiful caves.
10. Satisfy your tastebuds each day you’re at the lake!