There’s no better time than Halloween to take your desserts to a spooky, new level.
We searched around the Internet and found 5 Halloween recipes that are guaranteed to turn some heads and put smiles on the faces of your friends and family!
Frozen “Boo”-nana Pops by Skinny Taste
Halloween Cupcakes In A Jar by HGTV
Rice Cereal and Marshmallow Treat Pumpkins by Spoonful
Dirt Pudding by Neighbor Food Blog
Trick-or-Chex Treat by Cupcake Diaries Blog
Fall is no doubt the season of the apple.
Apple pie. Apple cake. Apple cider. Apple, apple, apple!
We are sure you’re used to the standard Apple Cider, which is cozy and warming on a cool fall day. But there’s many dishes beyond ciders where apples can showcase their sweet and tartness.
After a little bit of digging, we wanted to share three different recipes all using apple as the central ingredient.
Since all of our vacation rental homes are stocked with kitchen utensils and equipment, be sure to try one of these recipes when you come to the Lake of the Ozarks!
- Traditional Mulled Apple Cider – Fall isn’t complete without the scent of apple cider wafting through our home. This recipe from Bobby Flay of Food Network throws in extra spices to make it even richer — cinnamon, allspice berries, cloves, and one orange.
- Apple Cider Doughnuts – If you’re wanting to treat your family, these doughnuts are the way to go! They bring the best of apples into a light, fluffy, fried treat. Dip the doughnuts in sugar for a nice finish.
- Apple-Glazed Barbecued Baby Back Ribs – You haven’t put the grill away just yet, have you? Good! This is for the meat-lover who wants to impress the crowd at a football tailgate or at home. Dark brown sugar, apple cider, and an array of spices will take your ribs to the next level. Now, that’s finger lickin’ good!
We know you have many choices when it comes to vacationing at the Lake of the Ozarks.
That’s why we continue to offer personable service and pay attention to every detail so your stay is as comfy as possible.
Sue’s Serenity is a gorgeous, private choice if you’re really looking for a getaway for the family. Here are five reasons to make Sue’s Serenity your next vacation spot:
- Plenty of Shade: Dogwood trees are a staple at the Lake of the Ozarks. Staying here, you’ll be protected from the hottest, sunny day by plenty of Dogwoods towering overhead. When you need a break from the heat, simply throw down a blanket and take a nap in the cool shade.
- Privacy: This wonderful family retreat resides in the middle of a subdivision on a dead end road – offer great privacy for any family retreat. It’s like having the perks of being in the middle of nowhere, but surrounded by the beautiful scenery of the lake.
- What A View: Each bedroom has access to the deck for lakefront viewing. There’s nothing better than stepping out onto the deck in the morning, taking in a deep breath of the freshest air.
- Get Cooking: Sue’s Serenity, like all of our properties, is furnished for normal housekeeping with dishes, cookware, flatware, glasses, grills, and basic appliances. Whether your preference is grilling or making a large feast in the kitchen, we have just what you need to satisfy any family’s taste buds.
- Near the Action: This beautiful property is just 25-30 minutes away from all the Action on the busy side of the Lake – Bagnell Dam, Lake Ozarks, and Osage Beach – via the community bridge. Once you are here plan to take in any number of the Lake’s attractions including state parks, theme parks, cave explorations, golfing, go-karts, theatres, bowling, music, etc.
And one more thing. Take a look at this view. To learn more about Sue’s Serenity, simply click here. Give us a call at 1-866-273-2169 if you have any questions!
Beautiful ranch style home with fantastic lake-front views!
This lakefront property sits on a private point (7 mile-marker) overlooking the mouth of the Gravois Arm and Main Channel. The property provides guests with access to 140 feet of pristine lakefront shoreline. The remodeled home is one story, with three bedrooms, and two baths.
The lakefront property offers quick access for swimming, fishing and all watercraft activities. This “quiet side” retreat is 25-30 minutes away from all the action on the other side of the Lake – Bagnell Dam, Lake Ozarks, and Osage Beach – via the community bridge.
Book your stay at Knotty Pine!!
Your guests will have many opportunities to enjoy meals at your property. Make that experience as enjoyable as possible and you’ll certainly encourage repeat booking for your vacation property.
Make sure your place settings, dishes and silverware are as complete and desirable set. And yes, include several optional sets of placemats and napkins. Pamper your guests. Doing so will assure that time spent around the dining table or patio set are enjoyable, rewarding and memorable. It will be no surprise when you reap the rewards with new or repeat bookings.