Boom! Bang! Sizzle!
The Fourth of July weekend is one of the best times of year to watch fireworks at the Lake of the Ozarks.
But we’ll let you in on a little secret: In some ways, Labor Day weekend (Aug. 30 – Sept. 1) firework-watching is even better.
Temperatures start to cool just a tad. The crowds aren’t quite so intense.
Labor Day weekend is the perfect opportunity to get away for a quick romantic weekend, girls weekend, or one last family vacation before the school year gets in full-swing.
Here are two fabulous ways to watch fireworks over Labor Day weekend:
- Gazing into the night sky, fireworks will light up the sky over Sunrise Beach at Bear Bottom Resort. Click here for more details.
- Hop on a boat and watch the fireworks, floating peacefully on the Lake of the Ozarks. Be sure to check out Tropic Island Cruises or Celebration Cruises.
If you’re spending your Labor Day weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks, there will be no shortage of warmth and sunshine.
Perfect for renting a boat, exploring a local cave, or barreling down some of the best water slides in the country!
Some tips to keep in mind this weekend:
- Stay hydrated: With temperatures in the upper 90’s, be sure to have a cooler full of ice and bottled water. The heat can sneak up on you if you’re not careful!
- Wear Sunscreen: There’s nothing worse than spending your vacation fried from a bad sunburn. Apply sunscreen at least every few hours. Do your best to find some shade every now and then, whether a canopy on a boat or relaxing under some trees.
- Mix It Up: It’s always nice to balance out your trip: Spent a good amount of time on the lake, enjoying the outdoors, then head indoors for some air conditioning in the evening.
Don’t miss out on the fabulous fireworks displays this Sunday. Here’s also another roundup of weekend activities.
We hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and happy Labor Day Weekend! Make the last days of summer count!