When the summer weather heats up, the last place you want to be is by the stove baking. This is the perfect time of year to stay cool, especially in the kitchen.
Here are three easy and oh-so-cool treats to indulge in whether you’re at home or at the Lake of the Ozarks!
1. Strawberry popsicles (Don’t forget to buy some popsicle molds)
2. Mojito Watermelon
3. Summer Fruit Parfait
Another great reason to stay with us (in a vacation rental) is that you have a full kitchen! No more crusty, half-warmed hotel buffets. With fall just a few weeks away, be sure to hit the supermarket before settling in for the weekend. Hy-Vee and Paul’s Supermarket are both great places to get the groceries to make these delicious fall recipes!
- Hot Apple Cider: Nothing says falls like Hot Apple Cider! Add a little rum for that extra kick!
- Pumpkin Pie French Toast: This french toast of course includes some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices in the batter to give it the pumpkin pie flavours.
- Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheese: A fall twist on traditional mac ‘n cheese.
- Sweet Potato Biscuits: Sweet potatoes add a little natural sugar to biscuit dough. These are great right out of the oven, split in two, and stuffed with Virginia ham for a scrumptious sandwich.
- Pumpkin Parfait: This parfait is a super easy, super yummy treat…perfect for breakfast, a mid day snack, or dessert! It tastes rich and creamy while at the same time remaining light and healthy.