It’s so tasty, MON!
It’s true. You don’t need to head to the Caribbean to try the zesty, spicy, kick-in-your mouth flavors of Jamaica.
During your stay with us at the Lake of the Ozarks, head to Gravois Mills (near mile marker 5) to try out The Jerk Shack!
If this is your first Jamaican cuisine experience, be sure to start with the fried plantains. Crispy, crunchy goodness! For the main dish, there’s plenty of meats to choose from, all cooked with a jerk seasoning that will have your tastebuds craving for more. Their famous Jerk Chicken and Dreadlock Jerk Pork are two entrees we’d highly recommend.
Even though the food and drinks are the star of the show, no restaurant at the Lake of the Ozarks makes the top of our list without having a gorgeous view of the lake. Take a look at this photo below to see the view The Jerk Shack has in store.
Boating, barbecuing, relaxing, and enjoying the day with friends in family is what makes the Fourth of July so great. But when the beautiful sun begins to set on the Lake of the Ozarks, there’s only one thing on our mind — fireworks!
In case you were wondering, here are five different ways to see a fantastic fireworks display this Fourth of July at the Lake of the Ozarks. All of these events will take place on July 4th.
- Versailles Fairgrounds: Enjoy the holiday celebration with games, pony rides for the kids, and of course — fireworks at dusk.
- Lake Valley Country Club: Squeeze in 18 holes before the sun goes down. Stick around and enjoy the fireworks display from the comfort of this Ozark’s country club.
- Celebration Cruise Ship: For those who spent the entire day in the hot sun, enjoy the fireworks with one of the most important amenities – air conditioning! This options provides a view that can’t be matched.
- Captain Ron’s: Raise a glass, get some food, and enjoy the fireworks display from one of the lake’s hottest spots.
- Bear Bottom Resort: Your kids or grandkids will thank you big time for taking them to Bear Bottom Resort. They have Missouri’s number 1 and number 2 longest open flume body water slides. After a fun day in the water, sit back and enjoy the fireworks!
For more Fourth of July events, be sure to check out the Lake Area Chamber of Commerce website or “Like” them on Facebook.