If you’re spending your Labor Day weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks, there will be no shortage of warmth and sunshine.
Perfect for renting a boat, exploring a local cave, or barreling down some of the best water slides in the country!
Some tips to keep in mind this weekend:
- Stay hydrated: With temperatures in the upper 90’s, be sure to have a cooler full of ice and bottled water. The heat can sneak up on you if you’re not careful!
- Wear Sunscreen: There’s nothing worse than spending your vacation fried from a bad sunburn. Apply sunscreen at least every few hours. Do your best to find some shade every now and then, whether a canopy on a boat or relaxing under some trees.
- Mix It Up: It’s always nice to balance out your trip: Spent a good amount of time on the lake, enjoying the outdoors, then head indoors for some air conditioning in the evening.
Don’t miss out on the fabulous fireworks displays this Sunday. Here’s also another roundup of weekend activities.
We hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and happy Labor Day Weekend! Make the last days of summer count!
There’s nothing quite like quality family time at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Since many of you are bringing little ones to the lake for a family vacation, we wanted to share some activities that can be enjoyed by the entire family! These are activities that your kids will be begging to return to year after year.
- Horseback Riding: Check out Broken Gate Trail Rides or give Circle R Stables a call at 573-348-8687.
- Cave Exploring: There’s nothing quite like exploring the world underground. Missouri is nicknamed “The Cave State”, having more than 5,600 recorded caves, including 20 show caves, which are open to the public for guided tours. During your stay, be sure to visit Bridal Cave, Ozark Caverns, or Jacobs Cave.
- Water Parks: Yes, the entire family can get wet and wild without even going to the lake! Take a dip at Bear Bottoms Water slides, Big Surf Water Park, or Timber Falls Indoor Water Park. Bear Bottoms boasts Missouri’s Number 1 and Number 2 longest open flume body water slides.
- Miniature Golf: No need to drive a golf ball far at either of these destinations. It’s all about the putting! Putt ‘N’ Stuff Family Fun Center and Sugar Creek Miniature Golf are both great options if you kids or grandkids are looking for a day away from the water.
- Family Fun Center: After spending a few days on the lake, Miner Mike’s Indoor Family Fun Center is the perfect way to cool off and have some serious fun! Miner Mike’s is a 35,000 sq. ft family fun center that features exciting rides, challenging games, simulators and great food. Also, be sure to check out Buster, Miner Mike’s adorable mule!
As always, if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to give us a ring at 866-273-2169. And of course, be sure to check out all of our comfy homes that can accommodate any size family.