If you’re staying with us this weekend, be sure to bring an umbrella! A slight chance of showers today and tomorrow. However, the temperatures will be nice, hitting 70 degrees tomorrow.
Looking to stay out of the rain? This is the perfect time of year to check out some of the Lake of the Ozarks’ caves. Find a list of the best local show caves on our website.
Don’t forget: The Enchanted Village of Lights at the Laurie Fairgrounds begins tomorrow.
Book a stay with us between now and January 1st and we’ll make a $20 donation to the display in your name! Simply use the code “LIGHTS” when you book your stay!
Above is the forecast for this weekend, in case you’re staying with us this weekend.
We know you’re all busy, so here are some articles about events and other local Lake of the Ozark news. Enjoy and have a safe, relaxing weekend!
If you’re spending your Labor Day weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks, there will be no shortage of warmth and sunshine.
Perfect for renting a boat, exploring a local cave, or barreling down some of the best water slides in the country!
Some tips to keep in mind this weekend:
- Stay hydrated: With temperatures in the upper 90’s, be sure to have a cooler full of ice and bottled water. The heat can sneak up on you if you’re not careful!
- Wear Sunscreen: There’s nothing worse than spending your vacation fried from a bad sunburn. Apply sunscreen at least every few hours. Do your best to find some shade every now and then, whether a canopy on a boat or relaxing under some trees.
- Mix It Up: It’s always nice to balance out your trip: Spent a good amount of time on the lake, enjoying the outdoors, then head indoors for some air conditioning in the evening.
Don’t miss out on the fabulous fireworks displays this Sunday. Here’s also another roundup of weekend activities.
We hope everyone has a safe, relaxing, and happy Labor Day Weekend! Make the last days of summer count!
It’s going to be a warm one this weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks!
Although some thunderstorms are in the forecast, there will be plenty of sunshine. Here are three ways to stay cool this weekend!
- Aquatic Centers and Water Parks: Three state of the art aquatic centers are at the Lake of the Ozarks for your enjoyment. OR if you can’t get cooled off in the Lake – try one of the many water parks in the area. Fun for kids of all ages! Click here for nearby aquatic centers or click here for fantastic water parks!
- Parasailing: Feeling daring? Parasailing is a popular sport in which the rider hitched to a parachute like canopy, known as a Parasail, is set aloft in the air. The Parasail is attached to a long towrope, which is pulled along, by a speed boat. The sheer thrill and excitement of being airborne has made this a popular family sport. Click here to book your parasailing adventure!
- Boat Rentals & Marinas: What is the Lake of the Ozarks without boating?! The options at the Lake are endless and the suppliers are many. Remember alwys designate a sober captain if you’ll be drinking while cruising. Missouri’s legal blood alcohol content for operating a vessel recently dropped from .10% to .08%. “Think Before You Sink” and have a safe and enjoyable time at the Lake of the Ozarks! Click here for more information on renting boats.
As always, if you have any questions about what to do, feel free to give us a ring at 1-866-273-2169.
For everyone coming to the Lake of the Ozarks this weekend, we’ve got your weekend weather forecast, along with events worth checking out!
First, the weather:
With such beautiful weather, you’ll definitely want to be outdoors. Here are some events at the Lake of the Ozarks:
Canine Cannonball 2013: The annual Dock Dogs jumping contest is held at Dog Days again this year. Canine athletes compete in Big Air, Extreme Vertical, and Speed Retrieve at this family friendly event. For information on entering your dog contact Dog Days at 573-348-9797. Free admission. For more information, click here.
Offshore Super Series: Lake Race has developed as a result of the overwhelming support for powerboat racing at Lake of the Ozarks. As the jewel of the Midwest, our lake is an amazing venue for powerboat racing, and we know you will find lake area residents and business owners to be the most friendly and enthusiastic in the country. The Offshore Super Series had its debut here back in 2007-09, and due to the economy and many unforeseen circumstances, has taken a hiatus from the lake. Now based on a ground swell of support from our community, OSS is back with a schedule and venue that you’ll find better than ever. For more information, click here.
BROstock at Captain Ron’s: The world’s best wakeboard contest is back! Liquid Force’s world famous BROstock will be taking place June 6-8 at scenic Lake of the Ozarks “BROzarks”, Mo. Fueled by Monster Energy, BROstock will feature twenty six of the world’s best riders including Harley Clifford, Shane Bonifay, and Bob Soven competing in a double-up contest for over $30,000! For more information, click here.
If none of these strike your fancy, we have a whole list of activities, restaurants, and other events worth checking out. Click here to check out our Local Area Guide.