With fall comes the changing of the seasons and with the changing seasons comes incredible beauty at the Lake of the Ozarks.
Dazzling trees, adorned with red, orange, golden, and brown leaves. That short span of time between that last gasp of summer and before the cold breath of winter.
Sure, you’ve probably admired these changing leaves at some point in your life. We’ve all done it. But there is a more avid group of fall leaf enthusiasts called “leaf peepers”. Now, this might sound a little creepy at first, but we promise — it’s nothing of the sort.
Leaf peeing is the act of traveling intentionally to see the changing leaves. The origins of the term are rather fuzzy, however leaf peeping is a big hit anywhere trees are in abundance…especially in the New England states. But it only takes one visit to the Lake of the Ozarks in the fall to see that we are the perfect destination to get your fill of leaf peeping.
In case you’re scratching your head, wondering if you might be a leaf peeper, here are three signs to look for:
- You find yourself gazing out the window, a little too often, while driving. We don’t blame you! The beauty of nature can make it rather difficult to look away. Just be sure to keep your eyes on the road! One tip is to find a rest stop or scenic vantage point to stop and take it all in. These changing trees look even more gorgeous when you can stand still and look at every detail.
- Your Facebook page is filled with photos of trees, glistening with orange, red, and gold. Don’t be shy to admit it. As fall arrives, you find yourself taking more photos of trees with your phone and either sharing them on Facebook or sharing them with friends and family. You may also take multiple photos from different angles in order to get that perfect shot!
- You stash a pair of binoculars in your purse or glove compartment, “just in case”. This one is for the hardcore leaf peepers. Because there are times when you just can’t get close enough. Thankfully, at the Lake of the Ozarks, there are plenty of walking and hiking trails to get up close and personal with fall foliage.
Whether you’re a proud leaf peeper or just a casual observer of fall, there are few destinations better than the Lake of the Ozarks to see fall foliage in all its glory.
Photo credit: J.B. Hook’s
As if you REALLY need another reason to make it to the Lake of the Ozarks this fall, here ya go!
According to Funlake.com, the Lake of the Ozarks was named, by Boating Magazine, as one of the Top 5 Places in the United States to dock and dine.
Boasting more than 200 restaurants in the area, the Lake of the Ozarks has so much to offer: quick bites, delicate and delicious fine-dining, seafood that will knock your socks off, decadent desserts, and so much more.
Out of the hundreds of restaurants at the lake, 60 of them are located right on the lake. That means gorgeous views, all year round.
Be sure to check out some of these favorites:
For even more choices, visit FunLake.com.
With fall just around the corner, it’s once again time for the Big Bash Bash at the Lake of the Ozarks!!
The tournament takes place October 4th and 5th and the biggest catch will walk away with $70,000. If you have yet to enter, you can do so here. We have plenty of vacation rental homes that are near all of the action.
Here are some of our deals that you’ll want to take advantage of for that weekend. These properties are closest to the weigh in at Alhonna Resort and Marina (9MM). Remember, when you book online or by phone – 866-273-2169 – use the Promo code: BASSBASH.
Jim’s Hideaway – 2 bedroom. Just $100 per night with our 10% discount.
Waterfall Cove – 4 bedroom. $225 per night.
Can you believe September is already here? Where did summer even go?!
If you’re not into summer heat and bustling crowds, there is no better time than fall to head to the Lake of the Ozarks.
Fall festivals. Jacket weather. S’mores and reminiscing over a campfire. The changing leaves. Gold. Red. Orange. Brown. Beautiful.
This month, there are several events you’ll want to check out, including:
- 14th Annual Fall Festival in Osage Beach
- Iguana Fireworks at Iguana Cove on September 11th
- Grand Opening of Pickleheads Roadhouse September 11th – 14th
- BIKEFEST 2014!
- 45th Annual Laurie Hillbilly Fair
- AND MORE!
Check out a full list of events in September at the Lake of the Ozarks here.
Boom! Bang! Sizzle!
The Fourth of July weekend is one of the best times of year to watch fireworks at the Lake of the Ozarks.
But we’ll let you in on a little secret: In some ways, Labor Day weekend (Aug. 30 – Sept. 1) firework-watching is even better.
Temperatures start to cool just a tad. The crowds aren’t quite so intense.
Labor Day weekend is the perfect opportunity to get away for a quick romantic weekend, girls weekend, or one last family vacation before the school year gets in full-swing.
Here are two fabulous ways to watch fireworks over Labor Day weekend:
- Gazing into the night sky, fireworks will light up the sky over Sunrise Beach at Bear Bottom Resort. Click here for more details.
- Hop on a boat and watch the fireworks, floating peacefully on the Lake of the Ozarks. Be sure to check out Tropic Island Cruises or Celebration Cruises.
Give your family one last outing to the Lake of the Ozarks!!
There are plenty of events — indoor and outdoor — for families, couples, or for a Ladies’ Weekend.
Click on the image below for a full list of events this August at the Lake of the Ozarks.
The end of summer is creeping up on us. But it’s not over YET!
If you haven’t yet made it to the Lake of the Ozarks for a romantic getaway, a Girls Weekend, or simply taking the family for a fun-filled weekend, NOW is your chance.
The next 5 people to book with any of our many vacation rental homes will save!
That’s right! Act quick and you’re looking at a nice savings – up to $200 – for your vacation or romantic getaway.
Here’s how it works: The next 5 people who book their stay by phone — 866-273-2169 — will receive a discount toward their stay. Your stay must be for a minimum of three nights on the weekend of August 22nd, 2014.
Act quick and your savings will be significant!
- 1st person to book – $200 off your stay
- 2nd person to book – $150 off your stay
- 3rd person to book – $100 off your stay
- 4th person to book – $100 off your stay
- 5th person to book – $50 off your stay
Again, you must book your stay by calling us at 866-273-2169.
Details: Available at all vacation rental properties. Cannot be combined with other offers. Cannot be applied to booking that was already made. Only applies to the weekend of August 22nd.