Are you an adventurer at heart? An outdoorsman or woman? Enjoying the beauty at the Lake of the Ozarks means getting out there and trying something new. While boating and water skiing are great activities, here are five activities that you might not thought of:
- Horseback Riding: Here’s your chance to soak up the scenery and to encounter some friendly and “not so wild” horses. Broken Gate Trail Rides and Circle R Stables are both great choices near the lake. Saddle up! Don’t forget your boots!
- Parasailing: This one is not for the faint at heart — but it’s also not as scary as you might think. Parasailing provides a priceless view of the lake and plenty of opportunities for photos to show your friends, family, and co-workers back home. Paradise Parasail and Hi-Flyer Parasail are both fantastic companies to check out.
- Scenic Air Tours: Ready to take flights? Lake Ozark Helicopters and Air Lake Aviation can take you on a breathtaking tours of the Lake of the Ozarks. An aerial view is the only way to soak up the beauty and wonder of the lake.
- Caves: Take a plunge into the darkness by exploring some of the local caves. Stalactites and stalagmites, giant columns, and ancient formations are what you’ll see on these unforgettable tours. Bridal Cave is a must-see — rated as one of the most scenic caves in America.
- Shooting Range: Locked and loaded! The Missouri Trapshooters Association and Pistol Plus are great places to test your aim. Pistol Plus has awesome taxidermy displays, along with a museum and pro archery shop.